C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

picking the Motor.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 12:33 AM
nostalgia85
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picking the Motor.

Greating from NJ!

is it possible to put these into c3 with t56? if it is, what do you think about this complete turnkey setup

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-3563-t...y-package.aspx

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-3587-t...y-package.aspx

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-3592-t...y-package.aspx

Last edited by nostalgia85; 05-27-2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:49 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Sure you can fit them in but lots of mods are required. Putting an LS motor into a C3 is not a bolt in. More parts are becoming available so it is easier but don't expect a weekend project.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:01 AM
nostalgia85
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if fuel injecting engines put, yes, how about putting those crate carbureted engine?
itd be a bit simillar to bolt on?
Old 05-27-2015, 12:55 PM
mysixtynine
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Carburetor would make it slightly easier I guess... but I don't think the LS motors have provisions for mechanical fuel pump or distributor. So you will still need a harness and controller and electric fuel pump setup.

The bigger issues become accessories/cooling system mods and exhaust. I've watched guys like gordonm on their builds and wished I had gone LS but there just doesn't seem to be enough adaption parts specific to vettes yet for me. Some of these guys have done some spectacular work transplanting them into the vette. I dont have a lift and some of these activities are just made worse when your on a creeper. The stock configuration in these cars can be maddening enough never mind mods. Install a vintage air system or autometer gauges if you want some fun mods in tight spaces.

Some of the questions you should ask yourself is can you do the modification work yourself (tools etc) for the stuff that has to be custom made or are you gona pay someone or maybe its just better to get a stout stroker small block since it seems you aren't interested in injection. Just seems cheaper/simpler and you will be up and running before the summer is over and have saved a bunch of bucks and headaches........... unless you are looking for a challenge, have lots a money, want something a little different and don't mind waiting to drive until after Christmas sometime haha.

I went big block because I always wanted one since I was a kid in high school..... I would do an LS now. But that will be after paint.

I love the power of these LS motors my brother has a stroked 416 in his 2014 SS with a Dsc1 procharger at 11psi... the thing dyno'd at over 620rwhp on slicks (about 750 at the crank).... these motors are incredible and with the fuel injection are very tame for the street.... but they cost big money.

Last edited by mysixtynine; 05-27-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Kacyc3
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 158 Posts

You could add injection to a well built sbc or mild bbc and have very friendly driver with the same power level and not have the hassle of the LS swap.

Get notified of new replies

To picking the Motor.

Quick Reply: picking the Motor.