C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

paint code question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 12:21 PM
chevyfiftynine
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default paint code question

Hi Forum,

My '69 350's in for a re-spray - 1968 Rally Red 974 is the correct colour but the paint shop can't find this colour on their system in the UK. Is there an international code that can be used to locate the colour? I can find plenty of companies such as Dupont, Acme Rogers etc but they don't seem to apply over here. One company is called Lechler, but no sign of this code. The car's in primer now so there's no way to even eye-match the colour. Any way to track down '68 Rally Red? Thanks.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:29 PM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

Hmmmm. And I thought the red for 1969 was Monza Red. Please post the PAINT code from your trim tag for deciphering. You can find the trim tag in the forward LH d,oor jamb.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:56 PM
chevyfiftynine
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default problem solved

Thanks for your reply - I made no progress trying to find the colour by using the code which is 974, a '68 colour, but I went round to the body shop and luckily the T tops hadn't been primered - just rubbed down so I polished them back up and took one to their paint shop to match the colour. I can get Rally Red by eye-matching it, and for any possible damage in the future, I'll know what the exact colour is.
Regards, Barry.

Get notified of new replies

To paint code question

Quick Reply: paint code question