C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old Posts

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 03:51 PM
glen242
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Old Posts

I have been unable to use the forum for about a month.

I used it today, and find a quantity of messages, listed as new, that stretch back several years, due to idiots, piggy backing current messages on to year/years old messages.

This forum is SUPPOSED to be moderated. Is it unreasonable for the ALLEGED moderators, to inform the people doing this, that they should post new messages rather than adding to 1 year or longer(since last post ) ? Or is this not against the forum rules? I read well over 100 messages that had been posted a minimum of 1 year, some as old as 2-3 years, that people had added to, recently.

Are the moderators being compensated for their work? What exactly is their function/authority?
Old 07-04-2015, 04:11 PM
wendellp601
Safety Car

Received 188 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by glen242

I used it today, and find a quantity of messages, listed as new, that stretch back several years, due to idiots, piggy backing current messages on to year/years old messages.

This forum is SUPPOSED to be moderated. Is it unreasonable for the ALLEGED moderators, to inform the people doing this, that they should post new messages rather than adding to 1 year or longer(since last post ) ? Or is this not against the forum rules? I read well over 100 messages that had been posted a minimum of 1 year, some as old as 2-3 years, that people had added to, recently.

Are the moderators being compensated for their work? What exactly is their function/authority?
MODERATORS:
Please move this post from the C3 Tech / Performance section to something more appropriate.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Majoho
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wendellp601
MODERATORS:
Please move this post from the C3 Tech / Performance section to something more appropriate.
+1.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Moderators get no compensation for doing their duties here and they very rarely get any thanks. I suggest you directly contact one if you have any issues here rather than publicly throw them under the bus as a group for a relatively minor issue.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:33 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

If you have a question about the forum and its moderation PM us rather than create a thread. As a long time member you should be familiar with that rule. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html

Next, threads are not always closed as they will fall off the page themselves unless someone posts a response which will bring it to the top. In many cases people are responding to old threads that are technical in nature either adding new information or asking follow up questions. That is not against the rules.

The moderators here are all volunteers who work for FREE. They do not read or see everything posted as they are not on duty 24/7 nor are they required to be. They help out when they have time outside of work and family commitments.

Lastly, if you think there is a problem with something you see on the forum you can click the report post icon and we will take a look.

Get notified of new replies

To Old Posts

Quick Reply: Old Posts