C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size socket head cap screws for my headers????

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 01:38 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default What size socket head cap screws for my headers????

I am going to order a box of stainless steel socket head cap screws from the Lawson guy when he comes to visit us at work this afternoon. They are for the headers on my 81', and the headers to be on my 68'. What size, thread, and length do I need? My guess is 3/8"-16 NC by one inch long. That's just a guess from memory though, and it's been a year or so since I did anything with exhaust on a small block chevy, so am I right?????

-Justin
Old 08-19-2002, 02:31 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: What size socket head cap screws for my headers???? (Dalannex)

Yes those are exactly the size I have on mine. I did have to cut one or two down a little so they would fit correctly. I also had to "modify" two of the heads. A little bit was removed with a grinding wheel. Nothing that would affect the strength but to get them to fit nicely they had to be ground a little. I have had the headers off many times since and it is a breeze with these modded bolts.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:38 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: What size socket head cap screws for my headers???? (Gordonm)

Hey thanks!!!! :D I kind of thought that is what they are, but couldn't quite remember. I have had enough small block chevies apart that I should know every bolt size by heart, but like to double check with you guys before I go and buy a whole box of stainless bolts. ($$$$$$$ :crazy: )

Get notified of new replies

To What size socket head cap screws for my headers????

Quick Reply: What size socket head cap screws for my headers????