C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

77 corvette fuel line routing

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Dreadknot
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 77 corvette fuel line routing

Here is a photo of my fuel line comming from the pump up to the carb.

This can't be right being so close to the heater hose. But the metal tube goes directly up from the pump under the hose. Should I move this?
Old 08-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Chevywrench
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a past auto tech I always have been nervous about rubber fuel lines to the carb from the F/P. From your pictures it looks like you still have the Rochester carburetor, if you do I would recommend to find a used factory bent fuel line so you can have steel from the pump to the carb.

I know of a few instances where the rubber fuel lines have leaked and caused a lot of damage to vehicles. I know many will disagree with me but I always lean towards the side of safety.

If you have a non-OE carb you are left with little choice but to run rubber fuel lines. I would recommend at least you replace it yearly and do not use screw hose clamps. They can loose tension over time. The circular spring clamps never loose tension. Hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Dreadknot
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, aftermarket. It's an edelbrock 600 cfm. I'm just suprised I havnt had any fuel boiling out of the carb yet.

Get notified of new replies

To 77 corvette fuel line routing

Quick Reply: 77 corvette fuel line routing