C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summit Branded Carburetors

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 05:46 PM
AboveTheLogic
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 82 Posts

Default Summit Branded Carburetors

I've read great things about the summit branded carbs. The 600 is based off an old Autolite design. A re-manufactured 600cfm with vacuum secondaries and electric choke is listed at $199.50 (P/N SUM-RM08600VS ), although you have to buy a $30 fuel rail to go with it.

I placed an order and expect the carb to arrive this Friday. I've been battling with my 650 double pumper for 2 years and hope that this summit unit will give me some stability. I could always put the double pumper back on when I'm ready to tinker.

I thought about going the qjet/lars route but at $230 with good reviews and parts ready to ship, I couldn't pass it up.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:20 PM
Jebbysan
Dr. Detroit
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,892 Likes on 2,564 Posts

The Summit carb is the discontinued Holley 4010/4011.
They are a damn good carb but never caught on. You can do jet change without draining the bowls....but the carb needs to be removed to change power valve.

I used one of these on a 350 S-10 P/U I built in 1992 when I was a sprite 21 years old!

Jebby
Old 08-19-2015, 06:23 PM
AboveTheLogic
Burning Brakes

I was a bit unsure about the power valve swap. I couldn't tell by the photos how to change that out. I read about being able to change the jets without draining the bowls which is great!

I have an assortment of jets and a couple of power valves for my double pumper, being able to use all that stuff on what seems to be a well mannered carb was a big selling point for me. I can see putting the double pumper back on for track days or some nonsense like that
Old 08-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Jebbysan
Dr. Detroit
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,892 Likes on 2,564 Posts

Originally Posted by AboveTheLogic
I was a bit unsure about the power valve swap. I couldn't tell by the photos how to change that out. I read about being able to change the jets without draining the bowls which is great!

I have an assortment of jets and a couple of power valves for my double pumper, being able to use all that stuff on what seems to be a well mannered carb was a big selling point for me. I can see putting the double pumper back on for track days or some nonsense like that
Power valve is on the bottom of the bowl....facing up.....if my memory serves me correctly.

Jebby
Old 08-20-2015, 07:41 AM
diehrd
Safety Car

Received 293 Likes on 189 Posts

If you can not correct ruining issues with the 650 ( which we have no idea what issues you had ) OR at least pin pointed what the un-correctable issue was you may find your self $230 lighter and dealing with the same issue.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:51 AM
AboveTheLogic
Burning Brakes

It runs pretty good with the double pumper, its just been a battle of learning and tuning over the past couple of years. I did a lot of reading about vacuum vs mechanical secondary and decided the vacuum secondary is probably better for me. The electric choke is a plus.

Get notified of new replies

To Summit Branded Carburetors

Quick Reply: Summit Branded Carburetors