C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converting a C3 to all electric?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 05:05 PM
toobroketoretire
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by worship79

I think a internal combustion engine simply pays the most respect to the heritage of our cars.

No, a CAMMED internal combustion engine. One that goes rumpety rumpety rumpety rumpety with raw gasoline dripping out of the tail pipes.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:45 PM
COOLTED
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

When the Apocalypse begins, and nobody has electricity to charge their Prius cars, the EMP took out all other cars' computers, WE will still be driving around in our carbureted 'Vettes!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,218 Likes on 1,730 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by worship79
Some Dutch politicians are unfortunately enough convinced that banning classic cars will actually make a difference for the environment. There may come a time that I will be forced to either sell or scrap my corvette or convert it to something they consider 'green'.

In which case I would rather go this route: install a hydrogen combustion engine, just like the BMW H2R or the BMW 7 series V12 (Jay Leno owns one of those).

Even though hydrogen isn't very efficient unless you create it with some natural power source or a nuclear power plant, I think a combustion engine simply pays the most respect to the heritage of our cars.

I couldn't give making my car all electric more than a glancing thought. No way could I possible run something like a Hotrod Power tour in an electric car- where traveling over 300 miles/day was a requirement.

However - I would get to park right up in front at several office complexes as that's where the "free" charging stations are!!!!

CNG- - I did give that a thought. Right now we are having to pay for storage of Natural gas because we have TOO much of it!!!! The only issue is not enough Gas stations.

Not to mention the price equivalent is $.60/gallon!!!!

Here's a conversion kit for less than most EFI conversions cost-SBC kit

Quick Reply: Converting a C3 to all electric?