C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alignment. also have burgeon steering

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Bigeddie
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Default alignment. also have burgeon steering

Hey fellas i need some alignment help. do you guys have any specifications for front end alignment to give to alignment tech so i can set this puppy up. any help appreciated
Old 09-06-2015, 05:52 PM
C2C3PO
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to Vette Brake Parts and view/download their alignment specs. Borgeson recommends that you then increase caster to 3-4 degrees positive to allow for their component.
That should cover it.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:29 PM
mac79vette
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Also van steel has good alignment specs. You may find that you can not get more than 3 degrees of caster with stock upper control arms. I also have a borgeson box and added van steel upper control arms for mor caster. It made a world of difference.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:43 AM
Kim72
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

"World of difference". Please elaborate. How so?
Old 09-07-2015, 02:09 AM
mac79vette
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kim72
"World of difference". Please elaborate. How so?
I could only get about 2.5 degrease of caster with the stock upper control arms and the car wondered all over the place. It also followed every rut and grove in the pavement. Now I have about 7 degrees of caster and it is like a different car. It drives perfectly striate and will not follow ruts or groves at all. It is easier to keep in a lane than my 2015 Malibu company car doing 80 which is the local speed limit. I also take the car to auto x and road course events and it does very well.
I have done a lot of mods to my car over the years and the 3 top best have been the borgerson box, the upper control arms and composite rear spring.
This is the best photo of the control arm that I have on my iPad

Old 09-07-2015, 05:53 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,221 Likes on 2,303 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigeddie
Hey fellas i need some alignment help. do you guys have any specifications for front end alignment to give to alignment tech so i can set this puppy up. any help appreciated
Is Borgeson steering really what you're saying you have?
Old 09-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Bigeddie
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
Is Borgeson steering really what you're saying you have?
yes sir. they ask for a bit more of something lol(caster thanks to replies above)
Old 09-08-2015, 02:53 AM
Kim72
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mac79vette
I could only get about 2.5 degrease of caster with the stock upper control arms and the car wondered all over the place. It also followed every rut and grove in the pavement. Now I have about 7 degrees of caster and it is like a different car. It drives perfectly striate and will not follow ruts or groves at all. It is easier to keep in a lane than my 2015 Malibu company car doing 80 which is the local speed limit. I also take the car to auto x and road course events and it does very well.
I have done a lot of mods to my car over the years and the 3 top best have been the borgerson box, the upper control arms and composite rear spring.
This is the best photo of the control arm that I have on my iPad

Thanks. This is very interesting info. I too have more "tramlining" than I like, running the Borgeson system, and I am going to address it this winter.

Get notified of new replies

To alignment. also have burgeon steering

Quick Reply: alignment. also have burgeon steering