C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which performance HEI Module should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 05:56 PM
superdave269
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Which performance HEI Module should I buy?

I had a failing ignition module and bought a replacement. The car now starts right up and stays running. Yay! Believe it or not I now notice a difference in preformance. I did not buy an expensive replacement part. The car doesn't have the pep that it had before. I put in a Summit Coil years ago.I mention this in case it can impact my choices of modules to purchase. So which ignition module should I buy to get the pep back? I took a quick look on Ebay and saw many different brands but have no idea which one to buy. I have always liked Accel parts but doesn't mean that is the one to buy this time. I can use a little help with this. Thanks
Old 09-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Big2Bird
Le Mans Master

Received 1,014 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by superdave269
I had a failing ignition module and bought a replacement. The car now starts right up and stays running. Yay! Believe it or not I now notice a difference in preformance. I did not buy an expensive replacement part. The car doesn't have the pep that it had before. I put in a Summit Coil years ago.I mention this in case it can impact my choices of modules to purchase. So which ignition module should I buy to get the pep back? I took a quick look on Ebay and saw many different brands but have no idea which one to buy. I have always liked Accel parts but doesn't mean that is the one to buy this time. I can use a little help with this. Thanks
I have used the DUI module for 12 years. No failure.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dui-000222/overview/
Old 09-20-2015, 09:53 PM
C3 Stroker
Safety Car

Received 609 Likes on 404 Posts

I've had excellent results with the MSD high energy module (with rev limiter) for about 7 years with no failure. This is in a DUI HEI distributor.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-83647/overview/
Old 09-21-2015, 01:15 PM
jb78L-82
Le Mans Master

Received 740 Likes on 617 Posts

I have this module with a Hypertech coil:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Crane-Cams/271/1000-2510/10002/-1

I have had this module for over 12 years with no issues.....Holy smokes has the price gone up...Paid about $60 about 12 years ago.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:21 AM
superdave269
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I wanted to thank everyone who was kind enough to give some recommendations. I was concerned because I read an article (long ago) that cautioned mixing different manufactures coil and modules. The article basically said it will shorten the life of both parts. I do feel better after seeing good results from forum members. I am not sure which module I will buy just yet but I do look forward to getting some more power back. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Which performance HEI Module should I buy?

Quick Reply: Which performance HEI Module should I buy?