C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a/c heater wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 02:30 PM
tgcattle
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default a/c heater wiring help

Well guys once again I am stumped. I am working on a 79 a/c heater blower motor. I replaced my blower motor because my other one was not working. My A/C heater control all the levers had broken off so I replaced it also. I have not use the a/c or heater in about 1-2 years but it did work. I purchased a new control unit and plugged it in. Nothing happened ....no blower.

There is no power going to the control panel. The only hot wire is the red one on the relay. It is hot always. If I jump from red to purple or blue the blower motor runs.

I looked in my AIM and searched here for a wiring diagram. I think the wiring diagram shows a brown wire on the control to be hot? It test to be a ground.

Here's some more pics Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to get defrost working for winter months. These are pictures of the fan switch and relay

Last edited by tgcattle; 09-26-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:18 PM
tgcattle
Racer

looking over all the wiring diagrams I have found. It looks like the brown wire on top of the heater resistor should be hot. I think the brown wire in pic 2 should be hot. If I am correct the brown wire has shorted to ground??? Any one have a diagram?
Old 09-26-2015, 10:55 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Old 09-27-2015, 07:08 AM
tgcattle
Racer

Thanks for the diagram. The ones I saw you post would not pull up on my computer. I think I had vermin for the year I was prepping for paint.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:46 AM
tgcattle
Racer

Default problem solved

I discovered that the new ac/heater control just worked on the heat side. The a/c side would not make contact. I removed the old function control switch and installed on the control. Everything worked. And the brown wire was chewed it now has 12 volts

Get notified of new replies

To a/c heater wiring help

Quick Reply: a/c heater wiring help