C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HEADERS ROCK! Retro Roller Cam Update Part III

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 02:30 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HEADERS ROCK! Retro Roller Cam Update Part III

Headers are on and intake is sealed, I think. :) Fired it up and WOW! This things sounds great. I used some flex pipe to tie into my existing system so it won't be too loud on the way to the muffler place Monday. Got just enough leak to give it that open pipe sounds. :yesnod: It def decreased the operating temp. I let it idle for 20 minutes and did several hard throttle blips and the temp didn't move off 180. Also felt like the headers where a little cooler than the rams horns, def much better looking. My eyes did start burning toward the end though. Some one had posted that burning eyes meant lean and burning nose meant rich. Is that right, backward or just :bs .

Got a few more things to hook up then off to the car wash to 'give the undercarriage a bit of the how's your father', er I mean a cleaning. :lol:

One other question: I forgot to order plug wire and went with ac delco 7mm ones, gonna kill performance or not? Probably will just use them till next summer since summer is fading fast in the Great Lakes state. :cry

[Modified by Fevre, 12:30 PM 8/24/2002]
Old 08-24-2002, 09:43 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: HEADERS ROCK! Retro Roller Cam Update Part III (Fevre)

7mm wires should be finr, but I would still upgrade to 8mm when you get the chance. Are you still taking it to the track ?
Old 08-24-2002, 10:15 PM
Double Aught
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: HEADERS ROCK! Retro Roller Cam Update Part III (Fevre)

Got a few more things to hook up then off to the car wash to 'give the undercarriage a bit of the how's your father', er I mean a cleaning. :lol:
Oh, beHAVE! :D Glad to see it come together for you. :yesnod:
Old 08-24-2002, 10:52 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: HEADERS ROCK! Retro Roller Cam Update Part III (sd pacecar)

Oh, beHAVE! :D Glad to see it come together for you. :yesnod:
;) Was hoping someone would get that.

The car cleaned up pretty good so the muffler shop should be happy they don't have to deal with a greasy/oily old car. No major problems so I am happy. This is actual a test engine for the cam. I will build a 383 in the next 2 years and wan't to see what thie cam is like. I figure the 383 will bring the rpm range down about 500 but will also give me a lot more torque. This one will be fun till then.:)
Old 08-24-2002, 10:59 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: HEADERS ROCK! Retro Roller Cam Update Part III (MotorHead)

Motorhead

I plan on it and am going to see if I can get the 750 dp together tomorrow. Just didn't feel like doing it tonight. Also need to get it to a muffler shop Monday to tie into my old exhaust and hope to add an h-pipe.

Get notified of new replies

To HEADERS ROCK! Retro Roller Cam Update Part III

Quick Reply: HEADERS ROCK! Retro Roller Cam Update Part III