C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do i need to do ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:21 PM
upnorth
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default what do i need to do ?

finally the back end is finished . trailing arms , bearings , bushings , shocks , mono spring , trans bushing . looks good and rides much more solid . took it on a road trip about 250 miles 10.2 miles to a gallon. every time I went to turn it off it ran for 10 to 15 seconds . timing was set at around 9 degrees . when I got back I talked to a mechanic and he said to set it at 6 degrees .did it and it turned of a little quicker but not any power , kind of toped off at 4000 rpm in second gear . I think I have a lot of power hiding in this engine but I don't know how to get to it and don't want to damage anything because of not knowing what im doing . but today I let it warm up and had idled set at 700 loosened the distributor and turned it and it peaked around 1300 rpm so I backed it off to around 1000 rpm then reset the idle to 700 . took it out and for the first time it broke the tires free and had good response . he also told me the springs in my advance were to strong . so whats the best way advance with this .
Old 10-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Peterbuilt
Le Mans Master

Received 1,246 Likes on 966 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default Everything you need to know about timing!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...long-post.html

Quick Reply: what do i need to do ?