C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which switch does what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Grahamred70
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Which switch does what?

I'm trying to reinstate the interior lights and door ajar indication system and need to know which door switch is supposed to operate which system.
Looking at the drawings I've got it looks like the ones at the back only operate the door ajar light on the dash and the ones near the hinges operate the interior lights, with an additional wire on the drivers side for the key buzzer.
The wires to all the door switches have been cut so I've got quite a bit of re wiring to do by the look of it!!
Thanks
Graham
Old 10-09-2015, 06:35 AM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,138 Likes on 2,069 Posts

front for lights, rear for ajar
M
Old 10-09-2015, 07:38 AM
Grahamred70
Instructor

Thanks for that, I thought it was that way but with so many lines it's easy to get messed up.

Regards
Graham
Old 10-09-2015, 10:59 AM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

All of those switches complete the electrical GROUNDING for those circuits. As with most circuits in a [plastic] Corvette, the power line is connected to the component and the switches make the ground. But, when connected (or shorted to ground) they still have the current going to the component flowing through them. ALWAYS remove one of the battery terminals before working on anything electrical.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Grahamred70
Instructor

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
All of those switches complete the electrical GROUNDING for those circuits. As with most circuits in a [plastic] Corvette, the power line is connected to the component and the switches make the ground. But, when connected (or shorted to ground) they still have the current going to the component flowing through them. ALWAYS remove one of the battery terminals before working on anything electrical.
Thanks for the tip.

Regards

Graham

Get notified of new replies

To Which switch does what?

Quick Reply: Which switch does what?