C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power window binding?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 05:26 AM
TaiChiGuy
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Power window binding?

Power window starts slowing down about 1/3 way up & requires help to move further up. Motor or adjustment problem? Adjustment procedures?

TIA
Old 11-25-2015, 06:48 AM
fishslayer143
Drifting

Received 156 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by TaiChiGuy
Power window starts slowing down about 1/3 way up & requires help to move further up. Motor or adjustment problem? Adjustment procedures?

TIA
There is a Power Window Regulator Spring that helps it up. it may be broken or just detached.. common problem.. Does it go down fast? that's usually the tip off .
The following users liked this post:
TaiChiGuy (11-26-2015)
Old 01-23-2016, 03:31 PM
BBranson72
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My window is doing the same. I just replaced the outer window felt. The window isn't even touching the felt so I know that is not the problem. It seems to bind on the inner side of the window. Very tight against the inner felt. It worked fine before I started the replacement. HELP
Old 01-23-2016, 05:27 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by BBranson72
My window is doing the same. I just replaced the outer window felt. The window isn't even touching the felt so I know that is not the problem. It seems to bind on the inner side of the window. Very tight against the inner felt. It worked fine before I started the replacement. HELP
How well does it work with the door panel OFF and your ENGINE RUNNING when you try to raise the door glass????

Make SURE your engine is RUNNING!!!!....and NOT just your key being turned ON.

DUB
Old 01-23-2016, 07:14 PM
BBranson72
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
How well does it work with the door panel OFF and your ENGINE RUNNING when you try to raise the door glass????

Make SURE your engine is RUNNING!!!!....and NOT just your key being turned ON.

DUB
Yes I have tried both ways with the same result.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:38 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

I had the same problem on a minivan that I'm getting ready to sell. After finding that the window was on the track, I did a little research about sticky windows. Over the years the felts can get dirty and grimy, creating excess friction when the window tries to glide within them. I bought a silicon spray made by PB Blaster, sprayed the channels, and the problem was instantly fixed. For about $5 you can try it and have a bunch of product left over for later.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:04 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Not knowing what you did or how you replaced the OUTER WINDOW felt seal..I am lost.

DOOR PANEL OFF: IF you have the window down...your window should be able to move to the outer felt seal and then back to the felt adjusters. And when it is being rolled up...it still should have some in and out movement and NOT be super tight and seem like it is locked in place.

IF you messed around with the top bolts for your front and rear track mounting areas....put them BACK where they were....the SAME GOES for the two felt adjusters also.

Try that and see what happens because...like I wrote..I have no idea on what you touched.

DUB
Old 01-24-2016, 09:52 PM
Msbfdx
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Make sure everything is lubed up. Old caked up grease can really slow things down. Get it to all the tracks with white lithium.

Get notified of new replies

To Power window binding?

Quick Reply: Power window binding?