C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need part numbers for clutch, pressure plate and flywheel for 68 427.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 05:13 PM
tfringo
Melting Slicks

Received 93 Likes on 82 Posts

Default Need part numbers for clutch, pressure plate and flywheel for 68 427.

Hi, I need the part numbers for the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel and throwout bearing for 68 427. I believe it is the 11 inch setup?? Oh, also need part number for pilot bearing. Is there any advantage of using a roller bearing in place of pilot bearing? I see them advertised now and then.

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2015, 05:33 PM
toobroketoretire
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by tfringo
Hi, I need the part numbers for the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel and throwout bearing for 68 427. I believe it is the 11 inch setup?? Oh, also need part number for pilot bearing. Is there any advantage of using a roller bearing in place of pilot bearing? I see them advertised now and then.

Thanks!

The part numbers for the individual parts will vary from vendor to vendor but any auto parts store can supply a quality rebuilt clutch kit. And there is no real advantage of using a roller bearing instead of a bronze bushing because both styles will easily outlast the clutch plate.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:06 PM
tfringo
Melting Slicks

Received 93 Likes on 82 Posts

Default Thanks for the response.

Appreciate the response.

Originally Posted by toobroketoretire
The part numbers for the individual parts will vary from vendor to vendor but any auto parts store can supply a quality rebuilt clutch kit. And there is no real advantage of using a roller bearing instead of a bronze bushing because both styles will easily outlast the clutch plate.

Get notified of new replies

To Need part numbers for clutch, pressure plate and flywheel for 68 427.

Quick Reply: Need part numbers for clutch, pressure plate and flywheel for 68 427.