C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1978pace car parking brake

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 12:14 PM
caryb78
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 1978pace car parking brake

I had to replace the parking brake shoe springs so I had to drill out the rivets in the hub to spindle. What do I do on the reinstall - I cannot find any directions relative to installing new rivets or??. If I do nothing the wheel and drum will wobble.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:43 PM
toobroketoretire
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by caryb78
I had to replace the parking brake shoe springs so I had to drill out the rivets in the hub to spindle. What do I do on the reinstall - I cannot find any directions relative to installing new rivets or??. If I do nothing the wheel and drum will wobble.

The 5 lug nuts will provide the clamping pressure to hold the rotor to the spindle. Just make sure the rotor goes back on in the same position it was when it was riveted (parking brake adjustment holes still aligned with the holes in the flange).
Old 11-29-2015, 01:46 PM
caryb78
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup, I got it now. Had to take it apart again since I heard a clunking noise, one of the shoes was not seated properly at the top. Thanks. (ps I also double posted since I didnt think the first one got sent - sorry)

Get notified of new replies

To 1978pace car parking brake

Quick Reply: 1978pace car parking brake