C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I give up if I disconnect ported vac switch on manifold ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 10:30 AM
SLO RDE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I give up if I disconnect ported vac switch on manifold ?

Whats up ? I'am still trying to hook up my electric thermostat for my new electric fan .I tried to remove plug from the pass side head and its not coming out.Now I'am thinking of removing the ported vacuum switch on top of the manifold.The one with two vac hoses coming off it one going to my EGR and the other I'am not sure where it goes right now (to lazy to go look)Anyways what is this do? I know this will come out because I just replaced it last winter I will have to plug the vac lines going to this plug which I really don't want to (esp the one going to the EGR is that allright to do ?) If anybody has another way to install this thermoniter I would like to hear it .this is like the last thing left to do on this chore THANKS(76 l-48 auto 350ci)
Old 08-28-2002, 11:07 AM
DavidOrr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What do I give up if I disconnect ported vac switch on manifold ? (SLO RDE)

not sure about the 76 L-48, however my 79 L-82 had the original thermostat for the stock electric fan on the passenger side head. I realize that the 76 L-48 does not have the stock electric fan, however I thought I had read previsouly that you should still have the hole with a plug in it on the passenger side head in between the 6 and 8 cylinder.

If so this is where I'd put it.

David
Old 08-28-2002, 11:26 AM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: What do I give up if I disconnect ported vac switch on manifold ? (SLO RDE)

On yours it'll work fine, in fact you may see a performance increase. The down sides are that it will not pass a visual inspection when it's time for a smog, and it may ping slightly due to increased cylinder temps, which is not a bad thing (most mid '70's GM vehicles are OK). It will clean up the manifold a bit!

Hans

Get notified of new replies

To What do I give up if I disconnect ported vac switch on manifold ?

Quick Reply: What do I give up if I disconnect ported vac switch on manifold ?