C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcv question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Fredscott
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcv question...

I am running a Holley Ultra 750 and I have the PCV to the front vac nipple of the carb. I just removed the PCV valve and I have gas in the vac line (!?). Im wondering if I can run the PCV off the brake booster line (manifold vac) instead of using the base of the carb?
Old 03-12-2016, 04:33 PM
toobroketoretire
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Fredscott
I am running a Holley Ultra 750 and I have the PCV to the front vac nipple of the carb. I just removed the PCV valve and I have gas in the vac line (!?). Im wondering if I can run the PCV off the brake booster line (manifold vac) instead of using the base of the carb?

Yes, you can run your PVC from that rear 3/8" diameter nipple along with the brake booster just like I have for many years.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:48 PM
CheezMoe
Melting Slicks

Received 100 Likes on 85 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13,'19-'20

Are you sure it's Gas? Are you using the 3/8" port that is attached to the front of the base plate? (Some Holley's have these and some do not.) If the answer to both is yes, something is wrong! If you are using a port on the carb body then yes switch to the rear port. I hate tapping the brake booster port but sometimes you got to.

Get notified of new replies

To pcv question...

Quick Reply: pcv question...