C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member Sunday who lives 3000 miles away

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 09:15 PM
bamavettes
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member Sunday who lives 3000 miles away

I am going to meet a fellow Corvette Forum member for the first time this Sunday. He lives in California and I live in Alabama. Over 3000 miles apart.
Mel Foye owns a 62 Vette and a C-4. He usually post in the C-2 section.

Mel and I actually started on these kind of forums about 8-10 yrs ago. First started together on Prodigy automotive forum years ago until it closed down.

We are going to meet in Birmingham Sunday at my mothers 80 Birthday party and spend the day together.

You get to know people very well on these forums, but now we get to meet face to face. He wanted to know if he would need an interpreter to understand me. I told him it would help. We talk real slow and all our middle names around here are Bubba.

I have never met hin, but I know him better than any of my neighbors. Corvette people have a bond that brings us together.

Just had to share my excitement with the forum family............
Old 09-04-2002, 09:20 PM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

Default Re: I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member Sunday

:cool: Have fun... :cheers:
Old 09-04-2002, 09:23 PM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member Sunday

I'd like to come too, if the beer is free....

Yall be carefull and watch out for the ticket-man.

:cheers:
Old 09-04-2002, 09:25 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Re: I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member Sunday who lives 3000 miles away

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 09-04-2002, 09:40 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member

I've been lucky enough to meet a dozen or more forum members. I just had Brutus stay with me for almost 3 weeks, he's a great guy and welcome back anytime, came all the way from Australia. Now it's my turn to go mooch off of him :D

I've also met silvervetteman, shoptek, Ray, GransportC3, JoeZ, BudD, Blackdog and some I just can't think of at the moment because of CRS. I'll be meeting even more in 2 weeks when I'm in Detroit. So far everyone I've met have been really great people.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:02 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member (C3 Shark Tank)

What date you coming to Detroit? gdh and superfast are coming to A2 end of Sept or early Oct, hopefully we can time it so you can meet some crazy Canadians too!
Old 09-04-2002, 10:24 PM
shoptek
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member (C3 Shark Tank)

Putting a face to a name is GREAT! I have met about 10 - 12 members---all really fantastic people :cheers:
I try to explain to friends who are not into Corvettes the bonds and comradery (sp) we share. Where else would you find some stranger willing to GIVE you a needed part, tune your car for beer, put someone up for a day or week, throw a BBQ, loan you a tool, ETC!!!!!!
My friends find it unusual but it happens everyday here. :cool:
Old 09-04-2002, 11:38 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member (Fevre)

What date you coming to Detroit? gdh and superfast are coming to A2 end of Sept or early Oct, hopefully we can time it so you can meet some crazy Canadians too!
I'll be there from the 10th to the 23rd. There is some sort of BBQ at a place called Vette Essentials in Rochester on the 21st that I'll be attending, I think it's a C5 type place but they were kind enough to invite me (see Southeast section). It would be nice to meet up with some C3 guys while I'm up there. I believe afterwards a group will be attending the "Windsor Ballet" there's nothing like seeing a little Canadian culture :jester

I'm also going to try and get down and see JCL while I'm at it.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:46 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Re: I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member Sunday who lives 3000 miles away

:cool: :cheers: Enjoy, and have a cold one on us!
Old 09-05-2002, 12:06 AM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: I am excited.

BAMA, I'm still lookin' forward to meetin' ya face up in October at EXPO and seein' that BM '69 Big Block car of yourn.

Oh yeah,I owe ya a RC Cola and a MoonPie for..................................... ...Thanks, JIM

Tell Ma Happy Birthday. J
:seeya
Old 09-05-2002, 12:43 AM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,877 Likes on 915 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Re: I am excited. (PROSOUTH)

You're gonna have fun!

I was in Denver a few months ago for work and went to Lar's house to meet him and Jeff. It was great. Lars met me with a Bloody Mary and turned out to be a great cook! I also got to make a beverage run with Jeff in his beautiful '66 427 convertible.

While in Dallas this summer I went to Vettemaniac's house and we did a little carb tuning and torturing his 540" C-3. I even got to drive it! Then we drove over to meet Marcus (Zwede).

Over 4th of July weekend my wife and I flew to Boston. Rented a car and went to meet Mark (ML67), his wife Rita and some of his friends in New Hampshire. We did some back porch steak grilling and a few brewskis. Then later in the week we went to have seafood on the Maine coast. And we also got to go out and torture Mark's 540" '67. He even let me drive it too! Talk about trusting folks!

I've had a great time meeting folks in person from the Forum. I've always had fun. Don't worry about the accent issue.... many of those "yankees" talk funny! But we got through the language barrier and even overcame my redneck accent! Of course I think Mark still snickers about it!

Have fun!

Jim

[Modified by 427Hotrod, 10:45 PM 9/4/2002]
Old 09-05-2002, 01:32 AM
Double Aught
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: I am excited. (427Hotrod)

There is a lot of this meeting forum people in person going 'round. I just met two guys from San Diego at a small, local car show this past Sunday. Had a great time talking Vettes and the Forum. I want to plan for a national show next year. Maybe Carlisle or NCM. The Sharkfest pics looked great. Wish I made that one. :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member Sunday who lives 3000 miles away

Quick Reply: I am excited. I am going to meet a fellow Forum member Sunday who lives 3000 miles away