C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes the best dash pads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 11:59 AM
TheGreek!
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Who makes the best dash pads?

Hi everybody, I just joined the board last night, this is my first post. I picked up my first Corvette a few weeks ago, a '69. I'm currently restoring the interior on it and have a question, who makes the best dash pads?
Old 05-01-2016, 12:35 PM
hugie82
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGreek!
Hi everybody, I just joined the board last night, this is my first post. I picked up my first Corvette a few weeks ago, a '69. I'm currently restoring the interior on it and have a question, who makes the best dash pads?
you can go thru all the venders on the side of the page. Most are similar quality. I personally found Wilcox to have good quality and the best price when purchasing a full interior kit. Using your forum membership ID and signing up for Wilcox news letters/emails will soon give you a nice discount code. If the interior is ruff, a full interior kit is the way to go.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:00 PM
TheGreek!
Pro

Originally Posted by hugie82
you can go thru all the venders on the side of the page. Most are similar quality. I personally found Wilcox to have good quality and the best price when purchasing a full interior kit. Using your forum membership ID and signing up for Wilcox news letters/emails will soon give you a nice discount code. If the interior is ruff, a full interior kit is the way to go.
Thanks for the reply. Wilcox has two dash pads available on ebay right now, their brand for 275 and one from Corvette America for 279. Which one should I go with?
Old 05-02-2016, 07:08 AM
jim2527
Race Director

Received 633 Likes on 426 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Wilcox has two dash pads available on ebay right now, their brand for 275 and one from Corvette America for 279. Which one should I go with?
Something you'll learn very quickly is while there are 10 or so vendors the parts are only made by one or two manufacturers. I've ordered items from vendor 'X' that arrive in boxes from vendor 'Y'.

That being said, send Willcox and email, they'll get back to you.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:00 AM
rmgny44
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

The dash pad on my '72 was replaced by the PO. It came from Willcox and was made by "Coverking". Excellent quality and came with detailed, step by step installation instructions.

Last edited by rmgny44; 05-02-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:25 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Why not skip ebay and use the forum sale and our site.. You'll save a bit of money that way.. The sale thread has a coupon code that'll get you a pretty good deal on the dash pad off our site instead of fleabay.

Here is the current weekend sale thread that includes links. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ds-sunday.html

Here is the actual sale flier on our website. https://willcoxcorvette.com/weekend-sale

The 275 pad is a Al Knoch Pad... The 279 pad is a Corvette America pad... but if you use the link above you should be able to come in a bit cheaper..

Willcox

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 05-04-2016 at 10:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DarrenX33 (02-26-2017)
Old 05-04-2016, 10:40 PM
TheGreek!
Pro

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
Why not skip ebay and use the forum sale and our site.. You'll save a bit of money that way.. The sale thread has a coupon code that'll get you a pretty good deal on the dash pad off our site instead of fleabay.

Here is the current weekend sale thread that includes links. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ds-sunday.html

Here is the actual sale flier on our website. https://willcoxcorvette.com/weekend-sale

The 275 pad is a Al Knoch Pad... The 279 pad is a Corvette America pad... but if you use the link above you should be able to come in a bit cheaper..

Willcox
Damn, it figures that I would find out about this after I already placed my order with you. I bought the CA dashpad and a new carpet from you on monday (I called your shop and ordered it over the phone). You sent me the tracking info for the dashpad today. I wish I would have known about the discount before I ordered it, it would have saved me over 100 bucks.

Get notified of new replies

To Who makes the best dash pads?

Quick Reply: Who makes the best dash pads?