C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower Continues to Run After Ignition is Off!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 12:11 PM
71cajunvette
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Continues to Run After Ignition is Off!

Hey all! Not new to the site, have used it to help with many issues but first time posting.

I have tried to search this problem throughout the site and have addressed all the suggestions but have not found the answer.

When I turn off the ignition on my 71, even if the blower is not on, the blower will turn on. To turn it off, I have to move the switch back and forth from off to high or even adjust the A/C controls before it turns off.

I have replaced the blower speed switch, the blower motor, the control module and relay in the engine compartment but it has not fixed the issue. Control module to the left (plug near the two silver rivets) and relay to the right (Chrome box).

Does anyone know of something else that I am missing? Is there another relay?

Thank you in advance to your attention to this matter.
Paul
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2016, 01:59 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,604 Posts

this link is for a 68 try following the power from the motor back through the circuit.

http://repairs.willcoxcorvette.com/c...heater-and-ac/
Old 05-05-2016, 03:33 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

By working the blower speed switch you can get it to stop? The brown wire is the main power feed wire to the system. Something other than that wire has to be powering up the system, you have a short somewhere.

The purple wire to the blower motor picks up power from the resistor mounted on the plenum on all speeds but high, and the power going to it comes from the switch you replaced.

The only other power source to the blower motor would be the high speed and that wire is the dark blue wire coming from the blower switch. When you are in high, then the relay will switch the power to a full 12 volts from the orange wire coming from the horn relay.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:48 PM
71cajunvette
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both for the information.

I will try to track this down this weekend to see if I can find the extra power source.

Get notified of new replies

To Blower Continues to Run After Ignition is Off!

Quick Reply: Blower Continues to Run After Ignition is Off!