C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bubba Wiring Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 06:51 PM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Bubba Wiring Questions

I am in the process of replacing my Brake booster. While I am at it I decided to remove the aftermarket cruise control system from under the dash. It is no longer hooked up under the hood anyways. There are just too many wires under there and I keep hooking my toes on them when getting in or out.

Questions I have are what is the thing up by the cowl area and do the blue and white wires go to anything important? I am wondering if i can remove all of this. The blue and white wires go under the car to about mid door and then go across the floor to the transmission tunnel about 1/4 the distance of the drive shaft. I can't trace them any further without getting the car in the air. I am just wondering if anything might be for turn signals or something else essential to the operation of the car.

I have included a picture of the wiring on the inside. I have already disconnected the rest of the wires and the plugs on this harness are all that is left. The bundle of wires that is looped around itself and taped were going through the grommet in the firewall and just sitting in the engine bay like that.

What is this mounted on firewall?

Where do the blue and white wires go? the green and brown go to the thing on the firewall.

Another picture of the blue and white wires.

Pictures of wiring on inside.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:04 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 791 Likes on 540 Posts

I had a similar set up on my 78. It was not so much aftermarket, but a dealer installed option, I believe, although it did look pretty bubba. I also think there was some type of speed sensor at the back ot the trans, not sure though since mine was like yours, wires bundled up with no place to go. One thing I did notice when removing all of it was that when I disconnected the wires to the cruise control adapter on the speedo cable, the car wouldn't start. Once I hooked them back up, it started fine. Don't ask why, since I don't know and since I never use cruise control I didn't take the time to find out, just left them hooked up until I pulled the engine and everything else for a resto project. Good luck.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:26 AM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Well, I traced the wiring down to a sensor mounted in the trans tunnel. It is some sort of RPM type sensor to measure the speed of the drive shaft. The thing on the fire wall i believe was some sort of resistor.

I have unhooked everything and removed all wiring and the sensor. Car starts and turn signals all work.

I finished up replacing the booster and I have better brakes than I ever have. I can lock up tires at will now. I will have to relearn how to brake without locking them up. Time to go racing!

Get notified of new replies

To Bubba Wiring Questions

Quick Reply: Bubba Wiring Questions