C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with vacuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 02:40 AM
Rw2453
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with vacuum lines

Hi guys, this is my first post here. Please correct me if I do anything wrong.

My car is a 1981 vette with a small block 3
So I recently took off my intake manifold to adjust my ignition timing, and now after re installing the intake manifold, I have an extra vacuum line. I have no idea where to put it now...

The car seems to drive fine but it has a bit of a rough idle and there is a whistling noise at high rpm.

The extra vacuum line is supposed to go on the passenger side, and is on the side closest to the cabin. It is also short, about 8 inches, and is curved in a slight S shape. Does anybody know where this could go or if it is vital to proper function? If you don't know where it goes, is there a diagram of all the vacuum lines connected to the intake manifold anywhere? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:14 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Rw2453
The car seems to drive fine but it has a bit of a rough idle and there is a whistling noise at high rpm.

The extra vacuum line is supposed to go on the passenger side, and is on the side closest to the cabin. It is also short, about 8 inches, and is curved in a slight S shape. Does anybody know where this could go or if it is vital to proper function? If you don't know where it goes, is there a diagram of all the vacuum lines connected to the intake manifold anywhere? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Pictures work best but look at the backside of the carb, toward the bottom. Also the underside of the air cleaner has a hose that connects to the carb.

Wilcox (vendor) has a vacuum hose schematic that is quite useful but see if photos in this discussion thread helps .

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...cs-needed.html

Last edited by hunt4cleanair; 07-02-2016 at 04:20 AM. Reason: add link
The following users liked this post:
Rw2453 (07-02-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 04:47 AM
Rw2453
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hunt4cleanair
Pictures work best but look at the backside of the carb, toward the bottom. Also the underside of the air cleaner has a hose that connects to the carb.

Wilcox (vendor) has a vacuum hose schematic that is quite useful but see if photos in this discussion thread helps .

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...cs-needed.html
Thanks. I'll try and see if I can figure it out with that knowledge. Anybody with any other pictures or diagrams would be of great help still though
Old 07-03-2016, 07:25 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Sounds like a EGR line

Does the underside of you hood have a vehicle emissions sticker? That might point you in the right direction.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:07 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with vacuum lines

Quick Reply: Need help with vacuum lines