C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(long) Well a strange feeling came over me Saturday after I stopped to help a stranded C2.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 11:11 PM
Michael Tucker
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default (long) Well a strange feeling came over me Saturday after I stopped to help a stranded C2.

As those of you in the area of the corvette only car show in NB Texas know it was a very messy day. I was going to Dallas Saturday and was going to stop by the show BUT I knew they would not have it so I took my Tahoe and left the vette in the garage. Well as I passed the entrance ramp for exit 300 on IH 35 N I saw a lady in what looked like a survivor 1965 or so vette broke down. I took the next exit and as luck would have it, I had to find my way back through a maze to get to her. By the time I found her (5 mins) there was a van pulled up behind her. I stopped anyway to make sure it was not somebody who was going to mess up her car anymore than it was. I started talking to her while watching the guy look over her car and he seemed to know what he was doing. He turned out to be her husband. I told her that I also have a vette and that they should check out the forum to get help with their vette’s problem (lost power going up the ramp and then got white smoke from the motor when it died, sounded like it wanted to start but would not keep running. They had just put an HEI on it). No sooner than I get this out a police car pulls up and she got on the cel to order AAA. She thanked me for stopping so I got back in my truck and left her in good hands. My wife drives back and forth between Dallas and San Antonio all the time so if you ever see a red ZR2 on the side of the road PLEASE stop and help her out. You cant miss her she will be the beautiful one with the lost look on her face yelling at me over the cel. She is considered to be armed and dangerous by the local police when she is mad so be careful.

Now back to the strange feeling. From time to time I read stories on here about the guy that stops by and talks trash about a friend that has a vette that is the best vette in the world and the guy don’t have a clue. Well, when I got back into my truck I was thinking she must have felt I was one of those guys. I know that if we had a few more minutes we could have fixed her car and had her on her way.

There were several more vettes than usual on IH 35 Saturday and I was wondering how many were going to the show and got rained out.

Unfortunately the wife’s birthday is this Sunday and she has let me know that she does not want to go to another car show on “HER” weekend.

I will continue to stop for everybody that needs help even if I feel stupid after I leave.

Quick Reply: (long) Well a strange feeling came over me Saturday after I stopped to help a stranded C2.