C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

73 washer pump leaks

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 01:17 PM
Omarsvette
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 73 washer pump leaks

my pump latches and pumps but there is a leak at the bottom of the white plastic container were the pump sits in. its not cracked so i assume is come kind of seal. is this part rebuildable? i dont need the other seals zip sells because my pump doesnt leak from there.

zip sells pumps for $90 but i have seen on ebay a full size chevy pump go for around $30. are those the same? they look identical. they say it fits impla,biscayne, etc. everco is the brand i believe
Old 08-27-2016, 02:22 PM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 318 Likes on 269 Posts

Interested in the answer too. Don't drive mine purposely in the rain but it still happens sometime. My pump leaks so badly that I thought the bottom must be missing from the reservoir. Comes out as fast as I can pour it in.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:36 PM
Omarsvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by CA-Legal-Vette

Interested in the answer too. Don't drive mine purposely in the rain but it still happens sometime. My pump leaks so badly that I thought the bottom must be missing from the reservoir. Comes out as fast as I can pour it in.
that is exactly my problem. i prime it by blowing water through the center port. tho water did come out the wipers, most of it came out the bottom of the resievoir.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:37 PM
Omarsvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by Omarsvette
that is exactly my problem. i prime it by blowing water through the center port. tho water did come out the wipers, most of it came out the bottom of the resievoir.
and were in scottsdale are you? i work by the boulders but live on 32st and thunderbird
Old 08-27-2016, 07:20 PM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 318 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Omarsvette
and were in scottsdale are you? i work by the boulders but live on 32st and thunderbird
Not far from either spot. Troon north off Happy Valley.

Get notified of new replies

To 73 washer pump leaks

Quick Reply: 73 washer pump leaks