C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Swap Completed

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 09:28 AM
solwyt
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Swap Completed

Well....I finally got my first ever engine swap completed a few weekends ago in my 78. I just wanted to say thanks to all the various people who helped me thru this process. Being a rookie, this forum is tremendously helpful with all the tips and tricks. The Blueprint 383 stroker is running great. With a few minor leaks which only took a bit of tightening, now all seems good. I put the L48 with 20k miles in the crate which the new motor came in and stuck her in the corner of the garage. The Headman Header/Pypes Violator 2.5" true dual exhaust sounds amazing. Nice and loud which I was looking for. Specifically to DUB helped me with some wiring issues and want to say it worked perfectly. Funny how you can basically know very little about all of this and by the time you are done, you can actually have a conversation and not sound that stupid. That was kinda the whole point of doing this myself I guess. But have to say it was fun.
Many thanks again to all!
Old 09-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Jebbysan
Dr. Detroit
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,892 Likes on 2,564 Posts

It truly is still a rewarding hobby once you strip back the layers of BS

Have fun,
Jebby
Old 09-29-2016, 05:56 PM
0BluePrint Engines
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by solwyt
Well....I finally got my first ever engine swap completed a few weekends ago in my 78. I just wanted to say thanks to all the various people who helped me thru this process. Being a rookie, this forum is tremendously helpful with all the tips and tricks. The Blueprint 383 stroker is running great. With a few minor leaks which only took a bit of tightening, now all seems good. I put the L48 with 20k miles in the crate which the new motor came in and stuck her in the corner of the garage. The Headman Header/Pypes Violator 2.5" true dual exhaust sounds amazing. Nice and loud which I was looking for. Specifically to DUB helped me with some wiring issues and want to say it worked perfectly. Funny how you can basically know very little about all of this and by the time you are done, you can actually have a conversation and not sound that stupid. That was kinda the whole point of doing this myself I guess. But have to say it was fun.
Many thanks again to all!
Hello Solwyt

We saw your post and wanted to thank you for choosing a BluePrint crate engine for your Corvette!! Congratulations on doing the swap yourself. We are here if you ever have a question or concern with our products. Don't hesitate to contact us.

Please send us some pictures of your Corvette. We love seeing our customers bad to the bone rides!!

Scott Liggett
BluePrint Engines
1(800)483-4263
info@blueprintengines.com
www.blueprintengines.com

Get notified of new replies

To Engine Swap Completed

Quick Reply: Engine Swap Completed