C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for someone in Jacksonville, FL area to do basic rear suspension work

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 11:01 PM
wcgreen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for someone in Jacksonville, FL area to do basic rear suspension work

I am new to the forum and a new 1977 Vette, black on red, 68K, matching numbers. It is my only car and my daily driver as I am in grad school at the Univ of Alabama. Will be back in Jax for the holidays with my wife and would like to get bearings replaced, bushings in rear, and some break work. The shop I used here in Tuscaloosa seemed baffled working on the rear suspension and charged me 4 x what the labor should run. Just driving it now till I can get it to Jax and get some knowledgeable work done on the rear and the noise I have... either a bearing or a rotor rubbing on the guard. Any suggestions for mechanics in Jax that will just be fair and knowledgable with their work and charges.
Thanks!
Billy
Old 10-23-2016, 05:49 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

try contacting local Corvette clubs for a recommendation
Old 10-24-2016, 07:02 PM
wcgreen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MelWff
try contacting local Corvette clubs for a recommendation
Thanks! I did just that!

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for someone in Jacksonville, FL area to do basic rear suspension work

Quick Reply: Looking for someone in Jacksonville, FL area to do basic rear suspension work