C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake leaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 02:03 PM
kingkohlmn
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Default Brake leaking

78, Went to drive to the place I store the car for the winter and noticed a wet spot on the garage floor in a rather odd spot. Directly under the frame on the drivers side. reached up under and felt around. Is wet at the switch assembly. Not sure I am using the correct term, but in the AMI it says switch assembly. Got under the car and it looks like the line is leaking, might be a hair crack. This most likely happen when I removed the bolts securing the assembly when I was working on some other stuff. The AMI is calling this line "PIPE ASM-RR BRK FRT". It is item 11, PN 351580. Questions:
  1. What does rr brk frt mean?
  2. When I remove this line, I can see the lane goes all the way to the back than up, I assume once the rear is up in the air I will be able to access the that end of the line to remove it?
  3. Since this is the brake, I have no issue spending a little more $. Can you recommend a vendor which I will not get junk from for the line?
  4. While I am at it should I replace the switch assembly?
  5. Last, any advice is welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Zoix
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Brake line leak

Classic tube
80 Rotech Dr, Lancaster, NY 14086
http://www.classictube.com
Old 10-23-2016, 03:55 PM
kingkohlmn
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Thanks, just checked out the site, looks like they sell kits, I just need one line. I'll give them a call tomorrow to confirm.

Get notified of new replies

To Brake leaking

Quick Reply: Brake leaking