C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

May I make a suggestion? Please read.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 05:35 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 741 Likes on 518 Posts

Default May I make a suggestion? Please read.

I usually try the search function before posting but many times the question asked in the OP is answered but a solution is never given by the OP.
May I suggest if you ask a question that when the problem is figured out and fixed that the OP post how and what fixed their problem. This will help us all out in the future.

Also please try to list the year of your car, engine size and anything else to narrow down your model so everyone can help.

The following 3 users liked this post by theandies:
AirBusPilot (10-24-2016), GUSTO14 (10-25-2016), Street Rat (10-24-2016)
Old 10-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Tim Ware
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree. This is not limited to this Forum. In many situations concerning the older models, this might be the only source of technical information we can depend on.
PLEASE post the solutions. Tim
Old 10-23-2016, 08:04 PM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,136 Likes on 2,069 Posts

You're not the first to suggest more info being added. I wish it was mandatory that the year be included in the member info under the avatar but I'd also like to see the location included in there as well. (I had a nice rant back in 2012 but I'm getting over it now)

As for hanging threads, I am a thread-killer.
Can't tell you how many threads I've answered some question on and the thread stops. OP never comes back to say yeah or nay.
Everyone just left hanging in the breeze

M

Last edited by Mooser; 10-23-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:32 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by theandies
I usually try the search function before posting but many times the question asked in the OP is answered but a solution is never given by the OP.
May I suggest if you ask a question that when the problem is figured out and fixed that the OP post how and what fixed their problem. This will help us all out in the future.

Also please try to list the year of your car, engine size and anything else to narrow down your model so everyone can help.

IMHO you are like trying to swim up stream with this advice. Too much human nature involved just to begin with let alone all the racketing going to make money here. Anywhere from a simple deal to unload some parts to full blow business that don't own a corvette let alone pay supporting vendor fees. They malingure here in many forms trying to engage others in topics related to their products remaining faceless to.

Profiles with little or no car information, no location or name and low/even tiny post count is a good indicator - but not always. I see we lost Jeg's as supporting vendor - that should speak for itself of the situation here.

Can I dare say the word "oversight" w/o getting kicked off the forum??

Good bye.

Last edited by cardo0; 10-23-2016 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect!
Old 10-23-2016, 11:02 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by Mooser
You're not the first to suggest more info being added. I wish it was mandatory that the year be included in the member info under the avatar but I'd also like to see the location included in there as well. (I had a nice rant back in 2012 but I'm getting over it now)

As for hanging threads, I am a thread-killer.
Can't tell you how many threads I've answered some question on and the thread stops. OP never comes back to say yeah or nay.
Everyone just left hanging in the breeze

M
Yeah, that's a common experience for a lot of us. I'm not so much looking for a "thank you", as I'm just curious if the OP with the question/problem had the good manners to try out my or other's suggestions, or even just put enough thought into it to tell me why he thinks that my/our suggestion/advice won't work.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:03 AM
gungatim
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 84 Posts

to answer your question, yes, you may suggest that.

unfortunately many people on here (as well as about every other forum out there) don't heed the suggestion and never follow up with their solution to the problem asked.

And not having a location is a big pet peeve of mine. hard to answer some types of questions when someone could be down the street, in Europe, or in S. Africa...
Old 10-24-2016, 09:56 AM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Yep.

Also, the thread title should be worded to reflect what the problem is, versus just naming a thread "WTF?", or something equally useless. That would help with the search feature later.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:08 PM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by theandies

Thanks for a great post.

Some of us have projects that are incomplete. They may drag out for months before the solution is known or repaired. I try to give the results of fixed problems as everyone should.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Richard Daugird
Melting Slicks

Received 717 Likes on 517 Posts

Yes, that is what forums are all about. If someone helps you, pass that newfound knowledge to the next guy.

Get notified of new replies

To May I make a suggestion? Please read.

Quick Reply: May I make a suggestion? Please read.