C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N.C.R.S winter meet.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:35 PM
7t9l82
Le Mans Master

Received 566 Likes on 453 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default N.C.R.S winter meet.

Drove over to Lakeland to the winter meet today ( Friday ) a little rain but not too bad.my biggest gripe is they have no signs and everytime I look for directions they take you on the most indirect way imaginable.
there were fewer vendors this year Vette Brakes and products VBP was absent as was Rogers clock.there seemed to be fewer judged cars in the building.
the bright spot was there appeared to be some rest mods being judged, to what standard I can't say.
I hope NCRS finally recognizes the need to include modified cars this is the only way they can remain relevent.but I fear this venue has run its course.there is nothing like restaurants or hotels within a reasonable distance and as I said they need to have some temporary signs up to guide people in.
but it was still fun to visit old friends and make new contacts and exchange ideas.but I suspect time may be running out for this event ,and it's sad.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Cool95vette
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 88 Posts

Was the swap meet a good size?
Old 01-13-2017, 08:38 PM
7t9l82
Le Mans Master

Didn't seem as big but Saturday may grow, but I don't KNOW why.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:28 AM
Tooch1
Burning Brakes

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by 7t9l82
Drove over to Lakeland to the winter meet today ( Friday ) a little rain but not too bad.my biggest gripe is they have no signs and everytime I look for directions they take you on the most indirect way imaginable.
there were fewer vendors this year Vette Brakes and products VBP was absent as was Rogers clock.there seemed to be fewer judged cars in the building.
the bright spot was there appeared to be some rest mods being judged, to what standard I can't say.
I hope NCRS finally recognizes the need to include modified cars this is the only way they can remain relevent.but I fear this venue has run its course.there is nothing like restaurants or hotels within a reasonable distance and as I said they need to have some temporary signs up to guide people in.
but it was still fun to visit old friends and make new contacts and exchange ideas.but I suspect time may be running out for this event ,and it's sad.
Hi,
Yes the NCRS is initiating the New Concours Division,this weekend with cars as you described. There were six cars chosen, judging sheets developed and judges were selected to begin this new category. It will be interesting to see how this develops in the future. The goal I believe is to get some new blood and interest in the NCRS.
Thanks for the update.
Jimmy

Last edited by Tooch1; 01-14-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:45 PM
7t9l82
Le Mans Master

I think they let things go too far before recognizing that vastly more corvettes are modified and not perfect factory examples. They have turned off potential members by quite frankly the snootyness of a segment of members. If indeed they are starting to wake up I may again be a member .but they need to find somebody to put some thought into event planning.
this is a reasonably new venue since they moved it from old town so they certainly would have planning issues to overcome.with that said after years of attending I will give it one more year, at that point next year may be my last.I'd really like other people's objectives on this. But if you just want to wave the ncrs can do no wrong , you owe us for what we've done for the hobby banner then I quite frankly don't care to hear it.

Get notified of new replies

To N.C.R.S winter meet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: N.C.R.S winter meet.