C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those of You with Engine Vacuum Pumps

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 12:02 PM
C3 Stroker
Safety Car

Received 609 Likes on 404 Posts

Default Those of You with Engine Vacuum Pumps

I'm deciding on some new upgrades and "goodies" for the '69 this year. One item I'm considering is a mechanical vacuum pump. I've seen good results on race and hot street engines. Other than the expense, the set-up seems to be a win-win.

So, those of you running one on the street, what brands do you like, how much vacuum (inches hg.) are you running? Also, about how much of a HP increase for your set-up? (Dyno tests?)

I've been looking at GZ, Moroso, and Star Systems, as they are highly rated. I have a small block and power steering, so location would be on the passenger side where the A.I.R. pump was. Any pics would be great! Thanks.

Last edited by C3 Stroker; 01-14-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:40 PM
tektrans
Drifting

Received 314 Likes on 220 Posts

This is my set up-not running yet. I have a Moroso vacuum pump with a Moroso bracket and electric wp. I'm not sure how much vacuum I'm sorry and I also have power steering with a remote reservoir and mt vacuum pump is on the same side. I use a type 2 pump.
Motor is BBC obviously.
I don't have back to back dyno comparisons but honestly I didn't do it for hp I did it to help prevent leaks.
If you go on Moroso's website they have nice brackets for alt and vacuum pump but they are for electric wp's. I had to install mine inverted to fit right

Quick Reply: Those of You with Engine Vacuum Pumps