C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

82 won't start now?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 01:21 AM
alconk
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Nice!! Take a look at page 8A-11, 8A-40 it may help a little more. See, you just have to keep after it and you'll find the issue sooner or later. Nice job...Now back to tuning.
Yes I was determined to find it however long it took. Tuning will be a different story though.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:19 PM
alconk
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well I actually found the problem and it's embarrassing. A couple months ago if even that long I replaced the master cylinder with a Wilwood unit and the booster rod was too long. I ended up removing the booster and in doing so I dropped the steering column and must have unclipped the harness to the ignition switch being unaware but didn't unattach all the way. Maybe after a couple drives it worked itself loose b/c that was it. All that work for a simple clip not seated all the way. Oh I learned a few things along the way and I guess that's all that maters.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:20 AM
Buccaneer
Melting Slicks

Location: Arizona - If you don’t know CFI, STOP proliferating the myths around it...
Received 1,005 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by alconk
Well I actually found the problem and it's embarrassing. A couple months ago if even that long I replaced the master cylinder with a Wilwood unit and the booster rod was too long. I ended up removing the booster and in doing so I dropped the steering column and must have unclipped the harness to the ignition switch being unaware but didn't unattach all the way. Maybe after a couple drives it worked itself loose b/c that was it. All that work for a simple clip not seated all the way. Oh I learned a few things along the way and I guess that's all that maters.
DOH! At least you found the issue.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:32 AM
Theman5
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Something for all of use to remember when something shows up shortly after other work being done.

There are quite a few threads on the forum where vehicles are now experiencing issues after something unrelated was done.

Quick Reply: 82 won't start now?