C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's installed Doug's side pipe headers and how did you run your spark plug wires?

Old 07-31-2014, 07:52 PM
samdjr74
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Who's installed Doug's side pipe headers and how did you run your spark plug wires?

My title says it all I guess lol.

I just bought a set of Doug's headers and side pipes for my 80' with the L48. But while I had the car in pieces I decided to replace the plugs, wires, rotor, cap and coil. My question is once the new headers are in do I run my wires in the same manner or did you find a better way to handle them?

Thanks,
Sam
Old 08-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Flyinace3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by samdjr74
My title says it all I guess lol.

I just bought a set of Doug's headers and side pipes for my 80' with the L48. But while I had the car in pieces I decided to replace the plugs, wires, rotor, cap and coil. My question is once the new headers are in do I run my wires in the same manner or did you find a better way to handle them?

Thanks,
Sam
When I first installed sidepipes on my 80' I reused all the original equipment for the wires. This past winter I installed a new engine and changed to a over the top style plug wire loom. Chevy performance wire loom with universal MSD wires that I cut to length .

Old 08-01-2014, 02:32 AM
havesometo
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyinace3
When I first installed sidepipes on my 80' I reused all the original equipment for the wires. This past winter I installed a new engine and changed to a over the top style plug wire loom. Chevy performance wire loom with universal MSD wires that I cut to length .

Man that's a good looking engine.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:14 AM
sgt kohler
Instructor

where did you get the wire looms? I just did a side mount hooker header set up and ran my plug wires the same way. I couldn't find wire looms like that. I loves me some chrome!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Flyinace3
Racer

I ordered them from advance auto online
Old 08-01-2014, 08:51 AM
samdjr74
Racer

Very nice Fly!

Before you did the engine swap, any issues running them in the stock location and heat from the headers?
Old 08-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Flyinace3
Racer

I did have a few plug boots that were split but I'm not sure if it was do to the wire location or the cheezy wire zip sells. So far this new setup has worked very well.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:25 AM
samdjr74
Racer

Very cool, thanks!

Originally Posted by Flyinace3
I did have a few plug boots that were split but I'm not sure if it was do to the wire location or the cheezy wire zip sells. So far this new setup has worked very well.

Get notified of new replies

To Who's installed Doug's side pipe headers and how did you run your spark plug wires?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who's installed Doug's side pipe headers and how did you run your spark plug wires?