C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 Wheel fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 09:42 AM
spinedoc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C3 Wheel fitment

Hello again, I am still searching for C4 sawtooth wheels for my C3, and I had another question. Some people sell (4) 17x9.5 wheels, and some sell (2)17x9.5 and (2)17x8.5. What dictates what size you got? Also, can both 17x9.5 and 17x8.5 fit on the front wheels without rubbing. I assume 17x9.5s can fit on the back. Thanks for the help, this is new to me!

Eric :banghead:
Old 01-24-2003, 10:31 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: C3 Wheel fitment (spinedoc)

I have 17x9.5 front and rear from '92 vette, 275/50/17 nitto in backjust barely clears arms and VBP sway bar....moved ebrake bracket/tab...obviously...NOW in front i use 255/50/17 impala ss tires...
but the wheels are a tad too wide, frankly I didn't know they came in narrower size....
but that's ok, I wouldn't change a thing now....
I had to limit the steering a bit to keep tires from rubbing....build up/out rubbingb block on bottom of A arms for knuckle to go against...
still better radius than a C4....

OH....2.5 inch wheel adaptors from VBP.....

GENE
Old 01-24-2003, 10:35 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Hey Doc, I notice you'r in Erie Pa....you don't happen to know a child psychologist name of Doug Buyer, do you???

GENE
Old 01-24-2003, 10:43 AM
spinedoc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a matter of fact, One of my good friends is in practice with him at Northshore psychological, Mark Hogue. Do you know Erie or get around here much?
Old 01-24-2003, 12:08 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

No Doc, I do not know anything about Erie, I know Doug used to own a house not so far from the lake, but I never was there, they moved there after the divorce from his sister....she and my kids are in Potomac Md...suburb of wash d.c.....I moved here when my kids were old enough to fly south by themselves.....arthritic condition...suffering greatly now with this freeeeeeezzzzzing temps now...
some 20 years ago I did take an October? winter trip to Oswego downstream from you all though....never want to go back to that winter god forsaken place again.....only nice up there in july and august....

funny, small world....

don't tell him , but I allways considered Doug an arrogant self centered egotistical fool......but as long as Janie puts up with him....well what can I say...???

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Wheel fitment

Quick Reply: C3 Wheel fitment