C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers with a 90 degree bend

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 12:08 AM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers with a 90 degree bend

Are there any headers that come down like normal headers, but bend towards the wheels like sidepipe headers, but don't make the second bend behind the tire? Just curious because I would rather have a set like that so they can wear out and I can just replace the sidepipe tube (bending my own) whenever it starts to look bad.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:04 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Headers with a 90 degree bend (Schmucker)

Do you expect to be going through alot of headers. Mine are at least 13 years old and as far as I can tell still perfect. I have a big block and at least every 2nd year have to remove them for some reason. I seem to be able to throw them in with minimal effort. They fit and the bolts are easy to tighten.
I often think about going to side pipes but I worry about ground clearnance right behind the front wheel and also about going deaf with the dump right by my ear.
Had side exhaust once and I'm sure if affected my hearing. :)
Old 02-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Headers with a 90 degree bend (norvalwilhelm)

Oh no, I'm not worried about going through headers, I'm worried about whatever coating is on them wearing off. It is also the cheapest way to go I think as I won't have to pay for a really high quality coating.

Get notified of new replies

To Headers with a 90 degree bend

Quick Reply: Headers with a 90 degree bend