C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ontario ceramic coatings - Fireball vrs High Tech Coating

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 12:51 PM
Boofers
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ontario ceramic coatings - Fireball vrs High Tech Coating

Just bought some headers, want to get them ceramic coated. Fireball quoted me $325, and there is another place west of London called High Tech Coatings that will do it for $310.

Any experiences, good or bad, with the work performed by either one of these places?
Old 04-08-2003, 02:35 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Ontario ceramic coatings - Fireball vrs High Tech Coating (Boofers)

I'll let you know mine are up at Fireball right now and hope to ge them back for the weekend. BTW ask the guy at High Tech how much he charges to strip the headers, I believe it is 50 bucks so now it's $360 vs $325 ( stripping included) :D
Old 04-08-2003, 02:40 PM
Boofers
Drifting

Default Re: Ontario ceramic coatings - Fireball vrs High Tech Coating (MotorHead)

$50 for stripping! Wow good thing I don't need stripping since my headers a brand spankin.

The high tech guy said his warranty is lifetime against peeling or discolouring and 5 years against rust. I still have to call Fireball to find out their warranty.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:43 PM
Boofers
Drifting

Default Re: Ontario ceramic coatings - Fireball vrs High Tech Coating (MotorHead)

OH and Motorhead I see you have Magnaflow SS mufflers. What model are they, do you like them and what are they worth approx?
Old 04-08-2003, 02:54 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Ontario ceramic coatings - Fireball vrs High Tech Coating (Boofers)

High tech Coatings isn't just west of London..... its in a town called Ruscom, which is around Leamington( almost to Windsor). I've had them quote on my side pipes but never went through with it.... I figured I could use the $500 elsewhere plus I wasn't really impressed with what I saw...... nice but not $500 nice
Old 04-08-2003, 03:39 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Ontario ceramic coatings - Fireball vrs High Tech Coating (MikeC)

They have to strip them even if they are brand new. Paid $125 each for the mufflers a couple of years ago. Don't know the manufatures part no. but it goes by inlet and outlet size and whether they are offset or not. :D

Fireball has a one year warranty which I believe is more realistic, now if those other guys are going to redo them if rust or tarnish for 5 years that is almost unbelievable, most likely a limited warranty ( they kind that never covers what is wrong with your parts ) :lol:

[Modified by MotorHead, 2:42 PM 4/8/2003]
Old 04-08-2003, 05:56 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

I think that I will talk one of my student's into opening up a pizza shop for me one early morning and coat my own. It would benefit us both as my headers would get ceramic coated and the process may also add some much needed flavour to their pizza's. :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Ontario ceramic coatings - Fireball vrs High Tech Coating

Quick Reply: Ontario ceramic coatings - Fireball vrs High Tech Coating