C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

....then there was this fire!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Crash80
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ....then there was this fire!

So, I am sitting down watching the news as I have breakfast before work this morning. A story comes on the local news about a house fire on Knute Rockney here is San Antonio where it shows a C-3 Vette, under a car cover, in the drive way and a C-4 being backed out of the garage as the house is burning. The reporter goes on to tell of the damages to the house and finishes by saying that both the Vettes were saved! I love a happy ending. If this person has two Vettes maybe they cruise the forums. If so, and they read this, sorry about the house but at least the Vettes were saved.

CVT4ME
Old 05-15-2003, 10:23 AM
JB
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: ....then there was this fire! (CVT4ME)

Wow, bummer. I know LOTS of vette owners in San Antonio through my car club. Hope it's not one of them!

JB
Old 05-15-2003, 10:30 AM
Crash80
Drifting

Default Re: ....then there was this fire! (JB)

The C-3 looked to be an 80-82, though it is hard to tell because of the car cover. The C-4 was red as I recall from the newscast. It looked as though the fire did not total the house which is a good thing but I am sure the smoke and water damage won't be cheap. At least the two Vettes won't have to be added to the tally.

CVT4ME
Old 05-15-2003, 10:37 AM
page62
Le Mans Master

Default Re: ....then there was this fire! (CVT4ME)

I'll put it on the club's "telegraph" system and we'll find out if it was a member or not...
Old 05-15-2003, 11:04 AM
ZR1 Chaser
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ....then there was this fire! (page62)

Morning Page and John:
I sent out a note through Boernehill to see if it was in fact a TCA member. I also sent with it the news story with the street name. It did not ring a bell. The news this morning showed a C-5 convertible being backed out of the garage and the C-3 was out under a cover. No mistaking the C-3 outline even under a car cover.

If I find out who it is I'll let folks know. the street name was Knute Rockney ? A family of 5 so I would assume mom and dad and 3 kiddos. Small house from what it looked like on the news.

I also e-mailed the gent who wrote the story at WOAI in town to see if they would give me a name. I will wait and see what happens.

Page: have a membership list ? Maybe we can see who lives on the street ? Let me know at the office.

Still a shame about the house. Hopefully they have insurance and thank goodness no one was hurt.

Gotta get back to work.

Get notified of new replies

To ....then there was this fire!

Quick Reply: ....then there was this fire!