C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone running Pro topline torker heads ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 05:03 PM
ozbach
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone running Pro topline torker heads ???

I just put a work order in for the machine shop to put together my new heads. Pro topline torker heads 167 cc intake runners 2.02/1.60 stainless valves 67cc combustion chambers the heads are then going to be slightly shaved and mildly ported.....this should make a difference since my current heads are just old stocker 1.94/1.50 76cc heads...I am running flat top pistons and a 278 duration .467 lift crane cam, also a holley 670 street avenger up top...hope this helps out the horse power!!!

[Modified by ozbach, 10:51 PM 6/20/2003]
Old 06-21-2003, 09:07 AM
mountainmotor
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: anyone running Pro topline torker heads ??? (ozbach)

Those heads are a great value for the DIY porter,the cross section of the runner has alot of material that can be removed if so inclined plus the water jackets are improved and have thick decks,machined for screw in studs,flat V/C rails ect. Some attention to the combustion chamber is in order to increase flow if the castings were like mine. They are a good bang for the buck but in my opinion do need some work out of the box. Now I went overbored and have a killer set of heads but alot of time in them. If I had it to do over I would buy Dart Pro 1's spend another hour on them and be done.

Anyway for your motor I think you will be very pleased with those heads. Use GM rocker studs not ARP,if you use the ARP's you will need to chamfer the holes so they will set flush when tightened because of the step made into the ARP's
Old 06-22-2003, 08:34 PM
ozbach
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: anyone running Pro topline torker heads ??? (mountainmotor)

Cool... glad to hear your input , thank you

Get notified of new replies

To anyone running Pro topline torker heads ???

Quick Reply: anyone running Pro topline torker heads ???