C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Have A Factory Original Two Tone Interior '76 or '77???

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 04:25 PM
lowes-yellow77
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default No problem

[QUOTE=hunt4cleanair;1589999195]Just to keep this discussion thread stoked, Borowski and I spotted a Bright Blue 1976 with smoke gray interior and the AWM2 White/Smoke Gray two-tone interior at Bloomington Gold. It was entered as a Survivor and I am sure it earned its accolades.

The couple had no paperwork but the trim tag did not show the familiar ZJ1 code on the trim tag forum posters described or posted. This must have been a 77 processing upgrade...code on the trim tag.

And I thank Lowe for sending me a copy of his dealer invoice with the AWS2 code...cool!

In every corvette book that I know of it shows no option for the corvette bright yellow and two tone interior but I dug and dug until I could get some type of documentation in it.
if you have 77 or newer I have the contact information to get one if you want.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:52 PM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by gjohnson
My 76 came from the factory w/seats, carpet, dash and interior trim in light Buckskin. Dash pad and door panels were dark Buckskin. Trim code is Buckskin. I bought it from the original owner 25 yrs ago who told me it was ordered that way. I've never seen another like it. When I restored the interior I changed the door panels to light buckskin.
After reviewing the technical information from 1976, this combination was a base interior color scheme. All the RPO ZJ1s were white seats and white door panels.

but this changed in 1977 to include headliner and the ZP2 showed up on the RPO option list.

Go figure!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by lowes-yellow77
...In every corvette book that I know of it shows no option for the corvette bright yellow and two tone interior...
FWIW: the 1968-82 NCRS Specifications Guide states the two tone option was not available in 77 with exterior yellow, light blue metallic, the one chartreuse car, orange metallic, or dark red. It begins to look like if you wanted it bad enough to pay for it, you could get two-tone with yellow.

Last edited by Easy Mike; 07-08-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:49 PM
lowes-yellow77
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Thanks easy mike

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
FWIW: the 1968-82 NCRS Specifications Guide states the two tone option was not available in 77 with exterior yellow, light blue metallic, the one chartreuse car, orange metallic, or dark red. It begins to look like if you wanted it bad enough to pay for it, you could get two-tone with yellow.

I think your the one I contacted years ago about looking in the corvette black book and also the NCRS book for me and we couldn't figure out how the car came like that unless it was specifically ordered.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:14 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
I looked at the Color & Trim Selection chart from 1977 again (attached). While AWS2 is a two-tone interior option, as noted by Easy, it is not a Recommended interior/exterior combination when yellow exterior is selected.

As a result the ZP2, override make it happen. But this is a policy, written or otherwise at Corvette...build what the customer wants.

I went through this override/dealer/buyer confirmation process by the Corvette brand manager in 2000 with my millenium yellow, torch red interior, black convertible.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:31 PM
scotty t
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 104 Posts
Finalist 2022 C1 of the Year - Modified

Originally Posted by tnt76vette
Yup, I got one! Dark Brown dash and carpet with White Leather Seats and White door panels. Unfortunately car was repainted to Original White and so was the trim tag! I have seen maybe two others.....one was Red and White with a Red exterior and the other I cant be sure..wish I could help you more! Last 5 serial #s are 04551 so it was a very early '76. Even had the small Corvette letters in the rear.........

[Modified by tnt76vette, 9:00 PM 7/18/2003]
many moons ago i had a 76 with the brown/white interior also.
i converted it to black ASAP though!

Quick Reply: Anybody Have A Factory Original Two Tone Interior '76 or '77???