C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 wiring questions on a neighbor's 69 with A-C

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 10:51 PM
magicv8
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 2 wiring questions on a neighbor's 69 with A-C

2 wiring questions on a 69 with A-C

The blower motor has 3 connections – a plastic connector – lowest a rubber connector higher and a ground tab highest. I am replacing a chopped wiring harness. Where does the orange wire with the rubber connector connect? I n this car the blower rubber connector has a two wire capacitor connected to it and to another harness – the ground tab is not in use, and the starter harness with the new orange wire has no home. The old harness has no connector at the end of the orange wire – broken off and missing.

Second question – the starter harness connects to the wiper motor in two places. Where it plugs in to the bottom of the washer pump, the old harness has a male-female lug stuck on the blue wire lug of the double wire connector. Is it supposed to be there – connecting by a black wire to the wiper motor?

If you can email me a copy of the A-C wiring diagram - it would be a help. The shop service manual he has does not show the a-c
Old 11-04-2003, 12:36 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: 2 wiring questions on a neighbor's 69 with A-C (magicv8)

I think you should have a black wire with a female spade to go to the ground. It also connects to the wiper motor ground lug. You should have a purple wire to be the positive for the fan. It comes from the fan relay. The orange wire should connect to a fuse-holder that connects to the positive starter lug.

Quick Reply: 2 wiring questions on a neighbor's 69 with A-C