C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blue book value on a 1980 please help me

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 09:18 PM
Cblman
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blue book value on a 1980 please help me

im interesteed in buying a 1980 from my stepdad but am having a hard time finding the blue book value of it. ive tried the kelly blue book site and 1980 isnt a selection under the year field. the engine (350) doesnt run, stalls out a lot and blows black smoke every time u drive it if your lucky, the trany slipps and locks up, the driver side seat has tears in it, and she doesnt like to turn over much. this cars engine had a lot done to it such as installation of a high lift racing cam, oversized cylinders, 2-4 barrel carbs, and i think a performance throttle body. couldnt tell u the mileage on the engine because its at his sons house. if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreatiated.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:44 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: blue book value on a 1980 please help me (Cblman)

Cblman....

You already have one post running on this subject. Don't post multiple threads about the same thing. It just pushes other people's posts off the first page that might be looking for help when that is done. If you want to push your original post back up to the top in hopes of getting an answer simply reply to your own post and put in a *TTT*(to the top) in the body.

From what you described of the '80 vette it is not going to have any recognized organization giving it a value even if one was available. It's modified... doesn't run.... might be dogged to hell & back with the high lift cam.... it's all what you think it is worth since you are the one who will be doing the work. '80 vettes in non-running condition and needing alot of work are not worth a whole lot.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:56 PM
Cblman
Heel & Toe

Default Re: blue book value on a 1980 please help me (Winging It)

thanks for the help and ill rememebr that ttt thing
Old 12-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Cblman
Heel & Toe

ttt
Old 12-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Ak. Mal
Race Director

Location: Kansas City, MO ...I'd like to go fishing and catch a fishstick. That'd be convenient. - Mitch Hedberg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Transmissions aren't cheap. He might have added some stuff to the engine, but if it runs like crap, how good of a job could he have done?

What condition is the body in? What about the rest of the interior?

You will get several different opinions here. But I'm guess this is a 3-4k car.

Get notified of new replies

To blue book value on a 1980 please help me

Quick Reply: blue book value on a 1980 please help me