C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Convertible Deck Lid Weather Stripping Installation Question? Or a Pic?

Old 02-13-2004, 08:32 AM
James
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1969 Convertible Deck Lid Weather Stripping Installation Question? Or a Pic?

I'm just about done re-installing all of my new weather stripping and only have the convertible deck lid left on my 69 convertible to do.
Last night I installed the lock pillar weather stripping pieces so I decided to moch up the deck lid weather stripping. To see how it fit I first used masking tape to hold it in place. It fits real nice but when I try to close the deck lid it won't latch into place because the L shaped ends of the deck lid weather strip lay on top of the lock pillar weather strips when you close the deck lid. So my question is does the deck lid weather strip piece not come to the very end of deck lid on each side? I installed the deck lid weather stripping by not having the ends of the weather stripping on each side come all of the way to the end which leaves a little gap for the lock pillar weather strip to fit into when you close the lid and that seems to allow me to close the deck lid with no problem. Kind of hard to explain but if someone had a pic of there install I would know how it should be.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:48 AM
crf311
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Re: 1969 Convertible Deck Lid Weather Stripping Installation Question? Or a Pic? (James)

Went thru the same issue. The rear deck lid w/s does not come all the way to the edges of the rear deck. You need to allow for the wedge w/s which helps seal between the door/rear decklid and convt top. I can Email you a pic. because i don't know how to post them. :cheers:
The following users liked this post:
Mike Ferone (11-02-2020)
Old 02-13-2004, 10:52 AM
James
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: 1969 Convertible Deck Lid Weather Stripping Installation Question? Or a Pic? (crf311)

CRF311 if you could shoot me a pic that would be great.
My email is jrglass@midamerican.com.
Its in my sig to.

[Modified by James, 10:01 AM 2/13/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 Convertible Deck Lid Weather Stripping Installation Question? Or a Pic?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1969 Convertible Deck Lid Weather Stripping Installation Question? Or a Pic?