C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UGH.. HEELLP! 6 spd folks I need some assistance

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default UGH.. HEELLP! 6 spd folks I need some assistance

and this is why

I just discovered this today. Obviously destroying the shifter was easier than modding the console to have it fit properly. It's a 6 spd out of a 92 C4. Anyone have any experience on what I need to do when I replace this bubba'd POS?

[Modified by Madmikeee, 6:00 PM 2/22/2004]
Old 02-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: UGH.. HEELLP! 6 spd folks I need some assistance (Madmikeee)

so, it's a ZF6?? Can you take a pic of the rear tranny mount for me??

As for the plate, it's hrd to see what happened there but the zf6 has a boot that bolts to the tailshaft (rubber boot) with a square plate over it and then there's a leather sock over the shifter. I can't quite make up what I'm looking at but it looks like a strangely curved shifter. Get a new shifter and cut up the shifterplate.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: UGH.. HEELLP! 6 spd folks I need some assistance (Twin_Turbo)

so, it's a ZF6?? Can you take a pic of the rear tranny mount for me??

As for the plate, it's hrd to see what happened there but the zf6 has a boot that bolts to the tailshaft (rubber boot) with a square plate over it and then there's a leather sock over the shifter. I can't quite make up what I'm looking at but it looks like a strangely curved shifter. Get a new shifter and cut up the shifterplate.
It's what appears to be a Hurst aftermarket for the ZF6 that was butchered with a torch because the shaft would hit the console. I am trying to figure out the easiest fix. Obviously I need a new shifter , thing is I want to determine if another shifter will work in the existing console for the 77 or if I am going to be doing some heavy modification of the console itself to make this work.

[Modified by Madmikeee, 6:45 PM 2/22/2004]
Old 02-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

And as soon as I get her to the alignment shop in the spring I will be more than happy to take some shots of the mounts for you :cheers:
Old 02-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

I have a ZF6 too and am running the stock shifter...well running..car is still in pieces. The shifter is a pita to replce with all kinds of little spacers and crap in it and the linkage that goes into the trans is a pita too to get in, especially with the tranny in the car.

Here's a shot of my ZF where you can see the shifter:

EDIt does the 2nd pic show? if not: http://www.crossfire.homeip.net/twin...ingcolumn2.jpg

[Modified by Twin_Turbo, 5:54 PM 2/22/2004]
Old 02-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

I have a ZF6 too and am running the stock shifter...well running..car is still in pieces. The shifter is a pita to replce with all kinds of little spacers and crap in it and the linkage that goes into the trans is a pita too to get in, especially with the tranny in the car.

Here's a shot of my ZF where you can see the shifter:

EDIt does the 2nd pic show? if not: http://www.crossfire.homeip.net/twin...ingcolumn2.jpg

[Modified by Twin_Turbo, 5:54 PM 2/22/2004]
Looks like it fits fine, Have you test fitted the console at all yet? If need be I will replace the current Bubba aftermarket one with a stock shifter if I know it will fit ok
Old 02-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

I think the shifter is further back than with a stock console, I'm not gonna use that. Instead I'll go for either fabbed aluminium or maybe carbon fiber custom stuff.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

If you start that process anytime soon please keep me posted I would love to see what you do and maybe model one after your ideas if you don't mind? (or have you build me one as well ;) :lol: :lol: )

[Modified by Madmikeee, 11:07 AM 2/23/2004]
Old 02-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

I'm not gonna do it anytime soon. :)
Old 02-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

I'm not gonna do it anytime soon. :)
:rolleyes: oh sure, I see, you are gonna let ME do all the legwork and then copy my setup. :p: :jester :lol: :lol:

[Modified by Madmikeee, 11:39 AM 2/23/2004]
Old 02-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

LOL most likely not, I am most likely not going to reinstall the stock dash, maybe an upper dash piece from an earlier model and then build up something custom under it. I'm planning on moving the fuse box in another location as well as having seperate switches for ignition and fuel and a start button to prime the engine before starting.

Get notified of new replies

To UGH.. HEELLP! 6 spd folks I need some assistance

Quick Reply: UGH.. HEELLP! 6 spd folks I need some assistance