C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power lock problem still presists..

Old 02-26-2004, 12:14 PM
82Powerhouse
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power lock problem still presists..

1982 Corvette

I am still having trouble finding the source of the power lock problem. It will lock, but not unlock. It is acting like there is a relay that is bad, but I can not find it. It looks like the wires go to the back of the fuse box, but there is not a relay there.

On the switch, there are 5 wires: orange, grey, blue, brown, and black. The orange and grey work (lock), but the blue and brown (unlock) do not work. If I put a piece of metal across the blue and brown and then hit the switch, it works. If I leave it crossed, it smokes of course. This is why it seems there is a relay to switch between the orange and blue wires. It is the brown and gray that go into the actuator. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I can not put the interior in, until I get this part done.

TIA,
CDM
Old 02-26-2004, 02:19 PM
DennyM
Heel & Toe

Default Re: Power lock problem still presists.. (82Powerhouse)

I would think that you only have one solnoid that operates the lock/unlock mech.in each door When you jump the wires you are in effect bypassing the switch. I would check the switch with a ohmmeter to see if you have continuity thru the switch in the unlock position. Then check the wires with a test light to see that the current is being sent to each solonoid on each door
Old 02-26-2004, 02:38 PM
Sean82
Racer

Default Re: Power lock problem still presists.. (82Powerhouse)

The power locks are run off the passanger side.

Take the passenger side door panel off and check for a loose connection at the swith.

Make the passanger side work first and then the driver side should work.

Get notified of new replies

To Power lock problem still presists..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power lock problem still presists..