C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michigan Show needs Forum Support!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 09:17 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Default Michigan Show needs Forum Support!

As a vendor I've always wondered why I have to pack my trailer, rent a hotel room, drive 500 miles, just to sell our products to other Michigan residents. Yet it happens every year. The states of Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio are home for thousands of Corvette owners. Many of the Corvette manufacturers are located in these states and Detroit is home for General Motors. In Michigan alone we have Corvette Central, Paragon, DeWitts, Vette products, Corvette Rubber, and Tracy Perfomance.

America's Corvette Club and Cauley Chevrolet are developing a Corvette event held at the GM Tech Center in Warren Michigan. Last years was great and this year will even be better. It is a one day event, August 14th, 2004. Next year it is going to be a two day show.

What if we (corvetteforum) plan some road rally or massive get together in conjunction this event? It would be fun to do and support a good thing. Many of the dollars generated from this show go to charities and not in some promoter pocket.

I'm signed up to bring the trailer, as is Paragon, and Corvette Central. Just image a national size show that you didn't have to spend hotel fees to attend. Another little bonus for the general car buff is that the Woodward Dream Cruise is the following weekend.

I'm looking for ideas on what to do and volunteers to coordinate it. During my peak season I just can't be involved with anything else unless I give up sleeping. The website isn't finished yet but here's a link. www.americascorvetteclub.org/Corvettes_America/CorvettesAmerica1.html
Old 03-06-2004, 11:35 PM
blunsford
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Michigan Show needs Forum Support! (Tom DeWitt)

Are you guys coming to Indiana? I'd be up for something along that line.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:29 AM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Default Re: Michigan Show needs Forum Support! (blunsford)

Is someone having a national show in indiana?
Old 03-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

I always go to this show. It would be cool if more people (from farther away) could make it in for it. The loacation is beautiful (inside the Tech Center, right on the edge of the pond that you see in many old GM concept pics). So, everyone try to come out for it. They even have a special parking area for non-show Vettes so people like me that have bad paint and don't want to clean every square inch of my car can still park in a nice place with other nice cars.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:54 PM
cryzko
Racer

Default Re: Michigan Show needs Forum Support!

i'm live about 10 minutes from downtown detroit and would like to hang. i'm gonna be 28 in may so i would like to gain as much knowledge as i can from all you people. my dad had a 74 at had it in the family for 12 years then he sold it..... i was pissed so a few years later i bought a 77......... anyways my vette is in the garage going through a "decontruction/construction" process that will hopefully be done in a few months.... yeah right.... maybe if i had 12,000 and 1 month off of work it might happen..... anyways.......

cryzko
:troll
Old 03-07-2004, 10:56 PM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

During my peak season I just can't be involved with anything else unless I give up sleeping.
You sleep? :jester

Sounds like a good plan Tom! Have you posted in the Great Lakes section yet? If not, I should be able to geta copy of this thread put over there and stickied.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:21 PM
LemansBlue68
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in! If I can get my '68 on the road by then (I shouldn't say IF, I should say when ). If I keep my current momentum going on my project I should be on the road and have the kinks worked out well in advance. :seeya
Old 03-08-2004, 01:42 PM
BLU 4ME
Pro

Tom: I will be showing my car there, if theres anything I can do let me know. :thumbs: Stephen

Get notified of new replies

To Michigan Show needs Forum Support!

Quick Reply: Michigan Show needs Forum Support!