C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock carb linkage questions Got her fired up today!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 06:06 PM
First79vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock carb linkage questions Got her fired up today!!

Well I got my rebuild done and fired up today :hurray: music to my ears It'll be better once I get the cambered pipes on tomorrow. Now my question..the Edelbrock carb (750 elec. choke) the throttle linkage and the trans kickdown link...how in the H#%ll do you hook that up short of using wire :lol: nothing from the Q-jet will transfer over to it to facilitate hook up. I've tried calling their tech line and sure enough you got to wait 20 min for anybody alive :mad to ask, so I'm asking you guys is there a part # conversion to make this hook up? they just have a ball joint in the package is all and the directions are kind of a shotgun effect :skep: Thanks for any kind of help I'm going to keep trying to get through to Edelbrock. I'm scheduled to get those pipes on in the morning.

[Modified by First79vette, 5:40 PM 4/9/2004]
Old 04-09-2004, 09:47 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Edelbrock carb linkage questions Got her fired up today!! (First79vette)

I used the Lokkar cable and throtle bracket from Summit. They also have a trans kickdown kit that fits well together.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Edelbrock carb linkage questions Got her fired up today!! (First79vette)

I have an Edelbrock carb. (600cfm) You can purchase an adjustable throttle bracket from summit or jegs, your local speed shop, or maybe an auto parts store. Your carb should have came with two ball studs and nuts (to hold the the accelerator cable and the kickdown cable to the carb) The larger stud goes in the larger through the eye of the kickdown cable through the large hole on the throttle linkage on the carb while the smaller stud goes through the eye of the accelerator cable to the small hole on the movable throttle linkage on the carb. Kickdown cable may need to be adjusted. Hope this helps. PS. Do you wish to part with your Q-jet? If so I will take it, name your price. As far as contacting Edelbrocks tech support, They open up at 8am PST. They are busy but if you call the minute they open, you will get a live human, tech rep. I have called the minute they open up and I have always gotten to speak with someone.

[Modified by Oldguard 7, 3:36 AM 4/10/2004]

[Modified by Oldguard 7, 3:39 AM 4/10/2004]

[Modified by Oldguard 7, 3:42 AM 4/10/2004]
Old 04-10-2004, 09:53 AM
First79vette
Advanced

Default Re: Edelbrock carb linkage questions Got her fired up today!! (Oldguard 7)

Yep I got through to Edelbrock finally.. :rolleyes: Need two more linkage adapters..gotta go travel 70 miles round trip to go get them :rolleyes: Oh well. Yep I'll part with the Q-Jet whats it worth?
Old 04-10-2004, 11:11 AM
OREO Speedwagon
Advanced

What kind of linkage adapters are they? I plan on getting a Performer either today or tomorrow and would like to get all of the adapters and such that I need while I'm there.

:)
Old 04-10-2004, 12:54 PM
First79vette
Advanced

Default Re: Edelbrock carb linkage questions Got her fired up today!! (OREO Speedwagon)

They are part #'s 8009 Throttle adapter and # 8018 Trans. kickdown stud. Edelbrock #'s I got these at Advance Auto. You will have to modifiy the throttle bracket that attaches to the rear of the carb (cut it) or get a chrome one. :smash:
Hope this helps :flag
Old 04-11-2004, 01:40 PM
OREO Speedwagon
Advanced

Hey, that helps alot. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2004, 04:13 PM
brooksman9
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Edelbrock carb linkage questions Got her fired up today!! (OREO Speedwagon)

Good Luck! :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock carb linkage questions Got her fired up today!!

Quick Reply: Edelbrock carb linkage questions Got her fired up today!!