C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rally Wheel Code JJ

Old 05-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 469 Likes on 278 Posts

Default Rally Wheel Code JJ

Rally wheels with a J J code, what would they be off of? I see A Z for the Vettes all the time but am not aware of the J J code.

tom...
Old 05-21-2004, 09:47 PM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rally Wheel Code JJ (Tom73)

Hey Tom!

I think the JJ code would be the one located inside the rim. That's just a designator for the rim style and shape used on Corvettes in the late 60's and early 70's. As I understand it, it's a subassembly code. The code for the entire rim should be located on the outside near the valve stem. So alot of AZ rims (stamped on the outside) would also have the JJ stamped inside.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:08 PM
gearheadz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Rally Wheel Code JJ (lbell101)

Hey Tom!

I think the JJ code would be the one located inside the rim. That's just a designator for the rim style and shape used on Corvettes in the late 60's and early 70's. As I understand it, it's a subassembly code. The code for the entire rim should be located on the outside near the valve stem. So alot of AZ rims (stamped on the outside) would also have the JJ stamped inside.
Some addition info to lbell101's .... JJ was a common industry code for wheel contour (shape) used by many wheel mfrs on many makes. For example, stock rally wheels on my '68 Camaro SS has 14x6 JJ inside & XJ by the valve stem.

Get notified of new replies

To Rally Wheel Code JJ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rally Wheel Code JJ