C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Octane Boost that works!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 05:33 PM
joe73vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Octane Boost that works!?!

http://www.dynotab.com/index.htm
I came across this on a Pontiac website (nothing pings worse than a Pontiac), and wondered if anybody here heard of it? Joe

P.P.R.-Ace http://www.pacificperformanceracing.com 8/17/04 20:18
Funny you all mentioned octane boosters. As we just did a dyno test on some that actualy worked!!
Here is the way it went. I met this guy at my vending spot at the Long Beach Hi-Po swap meet. He had heard I built muscle car motors and also heard I had a dyno. He is a chemist who makes these PILLS called Dyno Tabs. Well he gave me a box of 4 different types of pills. I am NOT a big believer of any gasoline additives. Never have been. Well I basicly sat on these things for over 4 months! Just put them aside and basicaly forgot about them. Well I own a #'s matching 69 Firebird with a 400 ci motor. Obviously it does not run on pump gas. I sell 100 leaded but was out. And it was a nice day and I wanted to cruise the ride! So I grabbed a pill and went to the pump! Something I have almost never done. I drove to my destination and it was pinging!! But apartently the pill take 2- 4 hrs to disolve. After leaving and heading for home i noticed the car was NOT pinging!! It even chirped 2nd gear!
So the next week we were dynoing a guys 400 ci Pontiac # matching Ram Air 3 motor. Going in his 69 T/A. The compresion is about 10.25. He wanted to dyno it with 91 octane so we could tune for it. After the days of dynoing he was making 371 hp at 4750 RPM. But it was diesling when we shut the engine off. So I suggested we put in a 1/2 a pill in the dyno tank. So we crushed 1/2 a pill and put about 1/4 gallon in a small jar and shook it up till it was disolved. Then we made 3 consecutive passes WITHOUT the pill. All were 371 hp. So then we pour in the gas we treated with the pill. Make 3 passes then as well! We made 379 hp!!! And increased torq the exact same amount also!! And it did not diesel either. So I am conviced this stuff works. And I now sell it! 1 pill treats 16 gallons. They come 2 pills to a card. And sell for $5 for 2 pills! Alot cheaper than paying for a bottle of octane booster that is most likely 10% Octane booster and 90% Kerosene or Diesel fuel!
Now i always keep a pill in my glove box!! LOL!! Just in case!
Believe it or not????
Be Cool,
Ace-PPR

FOLLOWUP:

I know Ken "Ace" Brewer at Pacific Performance Racing probably won't use this board to advertise his products, so I will.

A few weeks ago I posted some info on bottled octane boosters and how they really didn't do anything except make your wallet lighter. Ace responded that he had recently done some dyno testing with a new octane "pill" called Dynotab that seemed to give noticeable results. I called him and had him send me a few packages. I have to say I was a little skeptical since the pill was only the size of a nickel, but this is the only product I have tried that actually works and it only adds about $.15 per gallon to the price of fuel.

The pills come two to a pack and sell for $5 per package. I put one pill in my full tank and it seems to have eliminated all pinging, even climbing hills at WOT with the A/C on!!! I am simply amazed. Give Ace a call at (310) 832-4596

Application is a stock 1967 428/auto with stock 670 heads (10.5:1) running on 93 octane pump gas.

Thanks Ace!!!
Be Cool
Old 09-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Just buy toluene in bulk at Home Depot. That is the ingredient is so-called octane boosters.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:48 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by paul67
Just buy toluene in bulk at Home Depot. That is the ingredient is so-called octane boosters.
Smells good too!

I've used Machtane in my '76. Seems to get rid of ping but dunno about power. Mine's got iron heads and 10:1 compression.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by joe73vette
So I am conviced this stuff works. And I now sell it!
There's an example of an unbiased opinion! No commercial motivation there!
Old 09-21-2004, 05:54 PM
joe73vette
Melting Slicks

I'll probably buy a pack to try it, $5 isn't going to kill me, and it's a lot easier than pouring nasty liquids out of a 5-gal container. Joe
BTW, if you can't get toluene where you live (it's used in drug factories), xylene has the same properties.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use max lead 2000. It contains real tel (tetra ethyl lead.) They have a web site. www.maxlead2000.com) Anyway 1/2 quart mixed in 20 gal of premium 93 yeilds 100 octane.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:04 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor

Gas pills? Sounds like BS to me. Like Larry said, Maxlead works or mix in race gas, toulene, or av gas. I like the blue avgas if you can get it--it's leaded and high octane, and it's kind of purty.

JB
Old 09-21-2004, 11:45 PM
djunod
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody try Lead Supreme 130 ?
Old 09-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Grinchia
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djunod
Yup, I bought a case online when I got my 11.25:1 bigblock last fall. 92 octane is the best I can get around here, so it's not a luxury, it's a necessity. I use about half a quart per tank, and don't get pinging (unless I've screwed with the timing too much )

-Roy
Old 09-22-2004, 12:53 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by djunod
Yep - Magic Zoom Juice!!

Get notified of new replies

To Octane Boost that works!?!

Quick Reply: Octane Boost that works!?!