C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 Seat Frame Top and Bottom Interchange

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 08:03 AM
BDVT69
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Seat Frame Top and Bottom Interchange

I have a complete set of 1974 seat frames and the top only set of 69 back frames. I like the look of the headrest on the 69 seat back and was wondering if they would bolt to the 74 bottom frames. Also is there any difference on the bottom seat frames from 68-77 if I order a 69 seat cover set.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:21 AM
stingry
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by BDVT69
I have a complete set of 1974 seat frames and the top only set of 69 back frames. I like the look of the headrest on the 69 seat back and was wondering if they would bolt to the 74 bottom frames. Also is there any difference on the bottom seat frames from 68-77 if I order a 69 seat cover set.
This isn't an answer to your question but do you have the original backs for the 74 seats. The plastic backs? I have one that is split. If you have them in black (or perhaps dark blue) and it is in good shape I would be interested in buying one off you.

The main issue I see with the seats is the covers. The base foam is the same in catalogs so the covers should fit. Different years use different weave covers. (ie comfortweave etc). If you go with the 69 backs then you would need to order a full set of 69 covers. The bottom cover should be the same for a 69 and 74. The Ec**** website lists the bottom foam as the same for 68-74 so I would imagine that the 69 cover would fit on the 74 base.

Check out other vendors just to make sure.

Pete
Old 11-24-2004, 09:36 AM
BDVT69
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stingry
This isn't an answer to your question but do you have the original backs for the 74 seats. The plastic backs? I have one that is split. If you have them in black (or perhaps dark blue) and it is in good shape I would be interested in buying one off you.

The main issue I see with the seats is the covers. The base foam is the same in catalogs so the covers should fit. Different years use different weave covers. (ie comfortweave etc). If you go with the 69 backs then you would need to order a full set of 69 covers. The bottom cover should be the same for a 69 and 74. The Ec**** website lists the bottom foam as the same for 68-74 so I would imagine that the 69 cover would fit on the 74 base.

Check out other vendors just to make sure.

Pete
No, the plastic backs on the 74 seats are junk. I do know that the tilt hardware won't work unless I do some modifing to the bottom frame.

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Seat Frame Top and Bottom Interchange

Quick Reply: C3 Seat Frame Top and Bottom Interchange