Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WANTED: Windshield reveal molding

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 06:37 PM
67VetteMan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WANTED: Windshield reveal molding

Looking for the upper windshield reveal molding for a 1971 T-Top. This molding goes on the exterior of the windshield across the top. Hides the gap left by installing the windshield in the frame. All the clips are in place, just no chrome molding..... GM # 3935577 Found one used for $200 and one NOS for $325 - willing to pay $120 max for one in good shape with no dents and minimal wear

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Last edited by 67VetteMan; 12-13-2005 at 06:38 PM. Reason: tell Corvette year
Old 12-13-2005, 06:40 PM
67VetteMan
Instructor

Sorry posted in the WRONG place - can an admin move to PARTS for me please...

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:02 PM
68435roadster

Pm sent. I have several of these, but some are from '68/'69, and others are from '70---'74. Do you know how to tell the difference (if there is a difference)? G.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:13 PM
67VetteMan
Instructor

I may be wrong but the part seems to be for 68-74??? It's a Stainless Steel piece - the 75 and greater seem to be black. Again, I may be incorrect but this is what I'm picking up from the various web site ordering information...
Old 12-14-2005, 07:16 PM
68435roadster

Originally Posted by 67VetteMan
I may be wrong but the part seems to be for 68-74??? It's a Stainless Steel piece - the 75 and greater seem to be black. Again, I may be incorrect but this is what I'm picking up from the various web site ordering information...
That's good news. I think I remember some differences in the tab spacing? If you would take the time to measure your clip spacing and e me the results, I will confirm that I have the right piece and send you some photos. G.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:20 PM
67VetteMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by 68435roadster
That's good news. I think I remember some differences in the tab spacing? If you would take the time to measure your clip spacing and e me the results, I will confirm that I have the right piece and send you some photos. G.
How much do you want for the piece? I found a few for much less than what I stated in the original e-mail - though I haven't seen pictures yet

Only good news if I'm right... I do not have the piece at all and just looking at the long gap in the front windshield with clips protruding from the edge of the window where this piece attaches.

I'm measuring from the driver side to the passenger side - but both sides are the same measurement to the center of the car. The entire piece seems to be about 42" long - 21" to the center.

I'm measuring the gap - not the clip... measurements go from edge of the clip to the next clip
from the edge - .5" gap - then a clip
2" gap - then a clip
3" gap - then a clip
4" gap - then a clip
4" gap - then a clip
4" gap - 2" into this 4" is where the center of windshield
4" gap - then a clip
4" gap - then a clip
3" gap - then a clip
2" gap - then a clip
.5" gap to the edge

Hope this is enough info for you....

- John -
Old 12-16-2005, 12:19 PM
67VetteMan
Instructor

Thanks for all the help and offers - I have found one...

Get notified of new replies

To WANTED: Windshield reveal molding

Quick Reply: WANTED: Windshield reveal molding